What is your Internet connection speed?

vbimport

My workplace:

On my phone (3 network) at my workplace:

Doesn’t blow hat off but should be enough…

Here’s a pretty cool speed testing program/website: http://speedof.me/ Sample: http://speedof.me/show.php?img=130214133756-3477.png

[QUOTE=Arachne;2674021]

Finally got my downstream tripled. Had to phone them for it though, they missed me out when everyone got their upgrade![/QUOTE]

I’m with Virgin too and pretty much the same speed. Not sure they ‘missed’ you though. Same happened to me, I rang and they said they didn’t upgrade everyone automatically this time. I had to agree to another years contract and the sent out a superhub (not so super).
Why they thought I might leave after all this time I’m not sure. Been with them since it was Diamond cable and 150kb speed for the fastest connection.

I’m temporarily on LTE these days. All things mobile should have been equipped with something as fast as 1000Mbps FTTH years ago.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2677922]I’m temporarily on LTE these days. All things mobile should have been equipped with something as fast as 1000Mbps FTTH years ago.[/QUOTE]

I would be really happy if I even just had 10Mbps. I’m currently stuck on 3Mbps (384k up) As far as mobile goes, there is GPRS here, but totally unusable (a 56k modem would be 10 times faster.)

Vodafone promises to bring 4G to where ever they currently offer voice and I get reasonable Vodafone coverage here. Who knows what their “within a few years” refers to by, e.g. 2015 or even 2020? For now, I do my large downloads at work.

Ah, gotcha…TBH I did wonder how they “forgot” me (the guy who lives two floors up got his upgrade waaaay before me, grrr!).

I had to agree to another years contract and the sent out a superhub (not so super).

Haha, the ol’ Superblub :bigsmile:…yeah I had one of those to replace the knackered modem long before my upgrade - still haven’t been asked to sign a further year’s contract though?

Why they thought I might leave after all this time I’m not sure. Been with them since it was Diamond cable and 150kb speed for the fastest connection.

Wow, that’s a long time :eek:…I’m not about to leave after all this time either, been with them since cable TV/phone only (United Artists), about 1995.

Better the devil you know, IMO :bigsmile:

I live in a place where internet speed is just average.

[QUOTE=kreathor;2678045][/QUOTE]

:eek::eek::eek: ** DROOL **

(BTW, welcome to the forum :flower: )

^ EDITED: Thought the lack of numbers was deliberate so posted accoringly, but no-one’s speeds are showing up…maybe a problem my end, or with Speedtest.net

EDIT2: ah there we go…loving that upstream :iagree:

[QUOTE=hlse;2679368][/QUOTE]

Niiiice. :iagree:

[QUOTE=hlse;2679368][/QUOTE]

Wow - amazing

I live in the UK countryside a few miles from the closest (steam driven) exchange - I consider myself lucky to hit 2.4Mb/s (down)

Regds, JR

[QUOTE=hlse;2679368][/QUOTE] <- is wondering if Gladsaxe (in Greater Copenhagen) is too far for me to sneak my CAT6 cable there… :eek:

Even better with a new router. There was some issues with the old one… ( Wifi )

[QUOTE=hlse;2679427]

Even better with a new router. There was some issues with the old one… ( Wifi )[/QUOTE]

Would you like a couple of lodgers? (Me and Drage) :bigsmile:

We’re clean and wouldn’t take up much space :bigsmile:

That connection must cost you a fair bit…?

LOL@Jeremy - “steam-driven exchange” :bigsmile: - last time I checked what speeds I’d be able to get off BT, it was something like 5 megs. Thank Ceiling Cat for Virgin :wink:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2679436]Would you like a couple of lodgers? (Me and [B]Drage[/B]) :bigsmile:

We’re clean and wouldn’t take up much space :bigsmile:

That connection must cost you a fair bit…?

LOL@[B]Jeremy[/B] - “steam-driven exchange” :bigsmile: - last time I checked what speeds I’d be able to get off BT, it was something like 5 megs. Thank Ceiling Cat for Virgin ;)[/QUOTE]

Nice idea, but I don’t think my better half would like us very much…:frowning:

I have a 100/10 line and that sets me back 35 Euros/month.
For 65 i can get 1000/100 but I’m ok with what I have now. :smiley:

[QUOTE=hlse;2679427]

Even better with a new router. There was some issues with the old one… ( Wifi )[/QUOTE]

:sad::bow: