What is your Internet connection speed?

vbimport

Miss Kitty we have a thing called a triple play that’s phone ,tv and internet which cost us 145 u.s. dollars. The wife keeps throwing in my face that my internet cost 60 dollars a month.But she use the phone which I don’t even answer ,I know it’s for her and and I hardly watch TV.
so I figure it’s even.

[QUOTE=marloyd;2632662]Miss Kitty we have a thing called a triple play that’s phone ,tv and internet which cost us 145 u.s. dollars. The wife keeps throwing in my face that my internet cost 60 dollars a month.But she use the phone which I don’t even answer ,I know it’s for her and and I hardly watch TV.
so I figure it’s even.
[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha! Go Mrs. Dougie :bigsmile:

Sounds like a good deal between the pair of you, I’d say. Worth it for the peace I’d imagine (hey, I know what we women can be like haha) :wink:

I have all 3 too, all in costs ~£48 a month (might go up or down by a £ or two depending on which way the wind’s blowing LOL).

At first it looks like I get a better deal, but it depends on if it’s like-for-like. It’d be a first if we did get a better deal on something to you guys LOL!!

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2632172]James is using Bedrock internet, operated by wilma flintstone[/QUOTE]
:bigsmile:
That is what I say

Mine is just as bad as Cooley’s.
1.79 mb/s download
0.39 mb/s upload
15ms Ping

my cable company info explain what speed test means
What do my speed test results mean?
The basics

8 Kilobits (Kb) = 1 Kilobyte (KB)
8 Megabits (Mb) = 1 Megabyte (MB)
KB and MB are measurements of data file sizes and storage.
Kbps and Mbps are short for "Kilobits per second" and "Megabits per second" and are measurements of data transfer rates (also known as connection speed).
To estimate how long it would take to download a large file based upon your connection speed, you can use the following simple mathematical equation:

(Convert file size to Mb) / coneection speed (in Mbps) = # of seconds to complete download.

So if your connection speed is 16 Mbps then, then you could theoretically download a 2 MB file, such as a high-resolution digital photo, in approximately one second.

(2 MB x 8 Mb) / 16 Mbps = 1 second

I want phones at the speed of the fastest available fiber networks for home. LTE’s too slow and too expensive whether by Verizon Wireless or Japan’s NTT DoKoMo or South Korean SK Telecom or the next-generation ‘LTE-Advanced’ being prepared by some US industries (Sprint Nextel, Dish Network…) USB tethering’s inconvenient and inefficient. 1,000MB/s home networks have been standard on desktop motherboards and laptops for many years. A single, unified, very fast and easy-to-use standard for all or most (display, networking, data storage…) can make Internet on smartphones as fast as the fastest on any Mac or PC. Combining (or tethering) LTE-Advanced (complementing and succeeding the present form 2G and 3G networks including LTE) with 802.11ac (complementing and succeeding 802.11g and 802.11n Wi-Fi networks) will help a little to make that closer, but even that will be ridiculously inadequate and outdated. Two million phones with at least some power to record and play HD video are being activated in a day and they deserve at least 1Gbps always-on Internet via Mini or Micro HDMI-like connectors without requiring subscriptions to ‘family’ data plans.

At the start of the year, I heard that the company North West Electronics has set up a fixed wireless service in my area and after checking them out, I decided I’ll try ordering it. When I called them, they confirmed it was in my area and that I could get up to 8Mb down / 1Mb up, which sounded great, considering my DSL is fixed at 3Mb down / 0.3Mb up (due to my line length.)

After about 4 months waiting (they claim to have a huge backlog), I called them up and finally a technician came out to my house. However, when he got out his test equipment, he could not get a signal. :doh: He called the service centre and surprisngly, they haven’t yet commissioned their service yet in our area and the next nearest transmitter was behind a hill, so there went my hopes in getting a quicker service. :confused:

This is my current speed:

As I had to get an Ethernet router for this fixed wireless service, I figured out another interesting use for the router. I installed dd-wrt and set it up with my VPN service with an IP address in London and enabled its Wi-Fi AP on another channel, so now I have two Wi-Fi access points, one for my regular usage and the other for UK-restricted traffic such as BBC iPlayer. :wink:

Speedtest with “UK” router:

Finally got my downstream tripled. Had to phone them for it though, they missed me out when everyone got their upgrade!

never never never fast enough

[QUOTE=Arachne;2674021]

Finally got my downstream tripled. Had to phone them for it though, they missed me out when everyone got their upgrade![/QUOTE]

Holy confetti!

There is fiber optical in this apartment building. I actually have 50 Mbps download speed but currently due to lack of [I]n[/I] wifi it’s limited to about 20. Still good because cheaper connection has only 5 Mbps.

I keep getting a “security token missing” message when I try to attach the image of the results.

4.75Mb/s DOWN
0.36MB/s UP
20ms PING

[QUOTE=Arachne;2674021]

Finally got my downstream tripled. Had to phone them for it though, they missed me out when everyone got their upgrade![/QUOTE]

In the words of Borat: Very nice!

not so nice

Yeah I"m getting 24ms Ping, 6Mb/s down and 3 up. But that is through my VPN.

[QUOTE=marloyd;2674732]not so nice[/QUOTE]

I jst complained to my cable co. and got this

20Mbps, although I will probably be looking at 40 now that it is available in my area.

Yo-