What is your Internet connection speed?

vbimport

Lenoir City? :doh:

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2627988]
Lenoir City? :doh:[/QUOTE]

Actually, my brother used to live there. But not me.

I’m afraid I’m still waiting on fibre optic broadband or even ADSL2+ to arrive here. :rolleyes:

[B]Wombler[/B]

^ BT eh Wombler? I was with them for a very short time in the dialup days :doh:

Seems we’ve had the promised upstream boost from Virgin…now waiting on the upgrade to 60Mb/s (whenever they decide to let us have it ;)).

Yo-

Down=24.33Mbps

Up=4.10Mbps

Ping=14ms

[QUOTE=jhtalisman;2628091]Actually, my brother used to live there. But not me.[/QUOTE]

I helped build the first Cable TV system there and in Franklin and Crossville too as I recall. Loved that region.

[QUOTE=Arachne;2628128]^ BT eh Wombler? I was with them for a very short time in the dialup days :doh:

Seems we’ve had the promised upstream boost from Virgin…now waiting on the upgrade to 60Mb/s (whenever they decide to let us have it ;)).
[/QUOTE]

Yep I’ve been with them for a while now and they’ve been promising me speed upgrades for years now. :rolleyes:

I stuck with them because of the free upgrade to ADSL2+ that was promised then after several revised provision dates eventually never made it to my exchange as it was withdrawn.

They’re supposed to be providing fibre optic broadband to our cabinet at the end of April though which is also due to be upgraded to 80Mb/s so perhaps there’s light at the end of the tunnel yet.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I was with them til they booted me off with no notice :a…been with cable since then. Ah well, the BT line was rarely used (only when the cable service was down), maybe that’s why. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Wombler;2628185]
They’re supposed to be providing fibre optic broadband to our cabinet at the end of April though which is also due to be upgraded to 80Mb/s so perhaps there’s light at the end of the tunnel yet.[/QUOTE]

Oooo, nice! Paws crossed :iagree:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2628191]I was with them til they booted me off with no notice :a…been with cable since then. Ah well, the BT line was rarely used (only when the cable service was down), maybe that’s why. :slight_smile:

Oooo, nice! Paws crossed :iagree:[/QUOTE]

LOL, let’s hope so!

Although TBH I’d settle for the standard 40Mb/s any day. :slight_smile:

I live in a rural area and BT are the sole providers at our telephone exchange so unfortunately cable or even ADSL2+ from any other supplier has never been an option.

[B]Wombler[/B]

20mbps here would cost me $50.00 a month I’m getting 7mbps for $19.95… It works for me…

:sad:
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1865935979.png

James is that you going in reverse,I’m telling you ,you got to complaint to comcast your getting screwed.Your not even getting dial up speed.try comcast’s speed test go comcast home site click help click internet click speed test if it’s the same go to the chat they have and compliant .Chat with them tell them your having a hard time down loading anything.

Ouch, Jim! :eek:

What speed’s it meant to be? Regardless though, I agree with Dougie…you want your money’s worth so give Comcast a piece of your mind :iagree:

They say 1.5Mb/384Kb is normal for economy speed :Z

Having a few probs with my Interwebs the last couple of days, so I thought I’d test my connection speed for a giggle :slight_smile:

Gotta love that ping :bigsmile:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/1865935979.png[/QUOTE]

James is using Bedrock internet, operated by wilma flintstone

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2628237]20mbps here would cost me $50.00 a month I’m getting 7mbps for $19.95… It works for me…[/QUOTE]

You have Qwest as well, I see. I pay for the 20Mb because it’s the only extra expense that I have outside of netflix and Newsgroups. Anyways just found out that they put the 40Mb in my neighborhood. Going to call tomorrow and see what kind of deal I can get.

Well don’t pick on James I’m paying more then James from the same company ( a step up I guess ) here’s my speed

I think I’m paying 60 bucks for it.unlimited internet

James next step is this new internet service

[QUOTE=Jesterrace;2632618]You have Qwest as well, I see. I pay for the 20Mb because it’s the only extra expense that I have outside of netflix and Newsgroups. Anyways just found out that they put the 40Mb in my neighborhood. Going to call tomorrow and see what kind of deal I can get.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Let us know how you get on :smiley:

I’m getting sped up to 60down/6up in July, unless they put the date back, as they like to do. Can’t complain since it’s a freebie. :slight_smile:

@Dougie - what’s $60 in English? I’m too lazy to do the conversion. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Nevermind, I was too curious and checked it. $60 = ~£36, which is what I’m paying for a tad less speed.