What is your favorite meal?

vbimport

:slight_smile: The title says it all :slight_smile:

Steak and taters.

Smoked Cod, grilled with butter, spring onion, and tomato.

Grilled Alaskan Salmon with a Baked Potato and fried onions.

LOL - lost in translation :bigsmile:

Hjemmelagde kjøttkaker, kålstuing, ertestuing, poteter og tyttebærsyltetøy

That was meaningful to all of you I’m sure :disagree: and so I will try to translate using a dictionary (I need a technical food reference) :wink:

Home made Rissole (large meatballs)
Cabbage stew (basically a Bechamel (white) sauce with cabbage)
Pease pudding (stew made from pea)
Potato
Jam made of berries from Vaccinum vitis-idaea (cowberry, red bilberry, mountain cranberry, lingonberry, red whortleberry) quite a few options for translation and so the Latin name was the better option.

Too much to list…:bigsmile:

“Pirohy” - http://bibisculinaryjourney.com/2013/01/slovak-pierogi-bryndza.html

Chicken Makhani - indian butter chicken :slight_smile:

I’ve got two actually. :slight_smile:

Either a nice steak with pepper sauce and chips (fries in the US), or duck with blackcurrant sauce, dauphinoise potatoes, and runner beans.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I guess if I had thought real good my favorite is a meal I didn’t have to cook!

I like me some Alaskan King Crab legs with butter and a nice piece of Filet Mignon sliced thin.

This question is like asking which of your offspring is your favorite. If you asked me this question every day for a month you would like get 20-30 different answers.

[QUOTE=UTR;2781191]This question is like asking which of your offspring is your favorite. If you asked me this question every day for a month you would like get 20-30 different answers.[/QUOTE]

What’s wrong with that, I’ll read them?

[QUOTE=beef barley;2781281]What’s wrong with that, I’ll read them?[/QUOTE]

I’ll give one that is my own creation as a side dish.

1 Cup Jasmine Rice
1/8 Cup Olive Oil
1/8 Cup Soy Sauce
1/8 Cup Dehydrated onions
1-3/4 Cups of Water
1/2 Teaspoon Salt (Don’t overdo the salt)

Combine the above and cook the rice for 11 minutes. Let rice set for 10 minutes then mix in 1/4 cup of ranch dressing. The ranch dressing can be added to taste. I like about 1/4 cup.

Then add a whole chick, butterflied with breast/rib/backbone removed and slow cooked for 30-45 minutes on the grill. I rub the chicken with olive oil and salt/pepper to taste. I like most meat grilled with a simple salt and pepper seasoning. Then use a salad sprayer with olive oil in it to spray each side when turned on the grill with a light salting and peppering. Toward the end I will grill some asparagus, steak sliced onions and a few carrots (slice in half or quarters long way to cook faster) all coated with olive olive with salt/pepper seasoning. If I feel ambitious I will break out the smoke box and use wood chips to smoke everything while it cooks on the grill.

I just made myself hungry.

The meal that someone else cooks for me! :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2781288]The meal that someone else cooks for me! :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

It isn’t too bad. The worst part for me is butterfly dressing the chicken. I just have to block out about an hour to periodically tend the grill.

Salmon - spinach - baked potatoes - hamburger - cooked egg - bit of roasted onion