What is wrong?

Well, I encoded an .avi movie using Roxio VideoPack 5 to SVCD because my DVD Player has some problems with sound sync problems, encoding with Roxio VideoPack solved many the sound sync problem.

Well, after the encoding, I get the .svd file but nothing happens. I can’t play it with my PowerDVD, moreover, when I burn it as UDF, my DVD Player doesn’t read it as well.

What is the problem?

encoding with Roxio VideoPack solved many the sound sync problem.

Not sure what you mean as you then say you end up with a *.svd but nothing plays it, so how do you know it has it solved your sound sync problems?

Originally posted by ChickenMan
Not sure what you mean as you then say you end up with a *.svd but nothing plays it, so how do you know it has it solved your sound sync problems?

Is that what you want to know? ok;

A. I’m interested to know why can’t I play the .svd file that suppopsed to be SVCD, not if it solved my sound sync problems. Before that, I need to get my movie working, right?

B. I actually know it has solved my sound sync problems because it solved EVERYBODY. “Roxio VideoPack Roxio VideoPack”. When I mean it solved “EVERYBODY” I mean it solved the problems to everyone who is using the same DVD Player as I and been using the same program which is Roxio VideoPack 5 and been encoding to SVCD(which btw, is the only supported format in my DVD Player with this problem)

Anyways, help? Am I even supposed to get .svd file?

i used roxio video pack a long time ago…but i think you need to burn it first.
It is a “special” iso format that the video pack uses and some other roxio products…

some people who use video pack asked the same question as you did, but didn’t get a good answer from the support

I don’t have the ISO anymore, nor did.

That means I have to buy the 600mb ISO disc? heh, I’m not sure it’s kinda going to help… anyways, I will give it a shot

when you install video pack 5…there is also a virtual drive installed.
This drive can be used ti simulate a burned disk.
Try to mount the *.svd file on the virtual drive next time and look if it works.

Originally posted by damiandimitri
when you install video pack 5…there is also a virtual drive installed.
This drive can be used ti simulate a burned disk.
Try to mount the *.svd file on the virtual drive next time and look if it works.

(Drive) is not accessable

The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable

did you try to update to 5.1?

I have tried now.

In order to install it(I don’t have the update) I need the original CD which I don’t have. I don’t possess the ISO.

hmm…then how did you get your copy?

Come on, you can’t be that naive.

Btw, let’s just say I lost my ISO copy, I just extracted the files.

Oh, and I didn’t really got the thing with the ISO, Roxio VideoPack has a special built-in or w\e and because of that you must burn the ISO\Virtual CD it?

It doesn’t seem so, because:

A. Then the trial would be ISO too

B. it wouldn’t be spread as not ISO