What is wrong with this scan?

Something doesn’t look right, then again this is my first BenQ scan (I used to only scan on NEC’s and those scans looked different). Is there anything wrong here?
BTW, this is a crossflashed Sony 810A-R to a BenQ 1650

Good burn why worry?

Set the scanning speed to 8x (the standard for Benq) and scan it again. Although, I don’t see too much wrong with the scan.

Typical excellent graph for a @16X scan. The PIE figures will look different @8X (you won’t have this progressive increase in levels).

But I’m not sure what you think is peculiar here… ? :confused:

EDIT Oh, maybe it’s the speed dips in the reading curve (green line)? If so, do’nt bother, it’s a peculiarity of the 1650 in @12X and @16X scans. If you scan @8X, they should disappear. :wink:

If the scan speed-dips occur at all on a drive, there will always be [B]at least one[/B] dip even at lower scanning speeds, both from my own experience, but also according to other BenQ owners at CDFreaks.

How many dips you get depends on many factors, one being the media, and another one being seemingly random - one scan of a disc can have 11 dips and the next scan of the same disc (even without ejecting the disc) can have only 1 dip.

It’s probably what they consider humour at the BenQ firmware department! :bigsmile:

Right, I forgot this. :slight_smile: - this dip is at the beginning of the scan (@ +/- 150MB) with my own unit.

It’s probably what they consider humour at the BenQ firmware department! :bigsmile:
LOL - I’ve had similar feelings about this. :bigsmile: