What is wrong with people

vbimport

i live in a small town…but in the past week…tradgey has been all around
http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=9196540
I KNEW that girl …she worked in the grocery store where i shopped …I picked on her all the time… *by the way the boy in the story…died friday *

then …yesterday… an elderly couple were sleeping and around midnight someone broke into their house and beat them with tire irons…they are both in critical condition and this happened about 2 blocks from my house :a

i know things like that happen everywhere…but it just seems that things are getting so much more viloent and its so sad…this use to be a town where people watched out for others…and now you have to keep your doors locked and watch out for yourself :(…its such a sad state of affairs…:frowning:

My pet theory is that things are not worse than they used to be, but the media makes it appear so by channeling all the horrible things they can find around the world and presenting it as “news”.

There are always several horrible stories to be found somewhere in the world on any given day.

I see Drage’s point :iagree:…but I often wonder what’s wrong with some people today, with this kind of thing happening more and more often. :frowning:

I agree with Drage, but as for the majority of crimes committed today, I think drugs have to do with a lot of them. Why do ppl steal cars or steal money? For drugs. Why do ppl beat their wives? Because they are coming off of drugs the next day. Why do ppl drive on suspended licenses? To go get drugs. JMO

Because either people weren’t taught morals and values or they just don’t give a rat’s ass about them. It’s a sad state that we are in, and it’s not going to get better anytime soon.:frowning:

Perhaps there are so many more people in the world that the number of psycho’s has also increased? I wonder if there is always a percentage of crazies in the population? Brain chemistry is delicate stuff, and is easy to foul up.

I know from my nephew’s experiences that manic-depressives often times try to “regulate” their depressive state with drugs or alcohol. Which can lead to even more aberrant behavior.

But we are also more connected…we hear and see stories that in the past would have been seen only on the local level.

I think the answer is “all of the above”. I’ll add to the list the Internet. For all the good the Internet brings us it also promotes bad behavior. Everything from making a nuclear weapon to poisoning to murdering and getting away with it is just a Google search away. It also gives the predators among us a fertile hunting ground to find victims. If I had a child at home they would know little about cable TV or the Internet. As a last remark, I also blame MTV for a lot of the misspent youth in this country over the past 20 years. The garbage they are feeding our young people is borderline criminal.

I used to work for the Federal Bureau of Prisons. I live in the town I live in because the demographics. Bad stuff can happen anywhere it’s true. Traditional crime happens in older established cities. In the western part of the U.S. there are more serial killers and non-traditional crimes. (At least that was the trend when I worked for the FBoP). I lived in an extremely affluent town in Connecticut (I rented a small apartment there) and 3 houses down a man killed 5 people that were renting the house from him. I reported seeing him that day, when he was supposedly in North Carolina. He was convicted. Crime happens everywhere, it sucks. The town I used to live in did not report most crime as they wanted to pain a rosier picture of the town, so tall the breaking and entering crimes were never in the local newspaper. People notice crime more when it hits home.

Society’s greed, both fathers and mothers having to both work to make ends meet. There is no longer a family oriented structure at home. That’s why we are where we are today.

:cool::cool:

Sign ‘O’ The Times

Oh yeah!

In France, a skinny man died of a big disease with a little name
By chance his girlfriend came across a needle and soon she did the same
At home there are 17-year-old boys and their idea of fun
Is being in a gang called The Disciples
High on crack and totin’ a machine gun

Time
Times

Hurricane Annie ripped the ceiling of a church and killed everyone inside
You turn on the telly and every other story is tellin’ you somebody died
A sister killed her baby 'cuz she couldn’t afford to feed it
And yet we’re sending people to the moon
In September, my cousin tried reefer for the very first time
Now he’s doing horse - it’s June

Times
Times

It’s silly, no?
When a rocket ship explodes and everybody still wants to fly
But some say a man ain’t happy unless a man truly dies
Oh why?

Time
Time

Baby make a speech, Star Wars fly
Neighbors just shine it on
But if a night falls and a bomb falls
Will anybody see The Dawn?

Time
Times

It’s silly, no?
When a rocket blows and… and everybody still wants to fly
Some say a man ain’t happy truly until a man truly dies
Oh why, oh why?
Sign “O” the times

Time
Time

Sign “O” the times mess with your mind
Hurry before it’s to late
Let’s fall in love, get married, have a baby
We’ll call him Nate
If it’s a boy

Time
Times

Times
Time

Released by Prince on February 18th, 1987

[QUOTE=platinumsword;2144585][B][U]Society’s greed[/U][/B], both fathers and mothers having to both work to make ends meet. There is no longer a family oriented structure at home. That’s why we are where we are today.[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

I read a line in a book " After the Rain" that about covered it … you can teach intelligent people birth control, so guess who is out breeding who?

i found out that…apparently the man of that house…fired an employee the day of the break in …:frowning: the lengths some go to…my word … i mean honestly…did beating him and his wife almost to death…really make him want to reverse the firing??? no it didn’t…and his wife…had a stroke while in ICU…so things just go from bad to worse…

…I do agree …stupid people should be allowed to have children and smart people know the responsibilities involved and are skeered to :(…*i pray my child doesn’t act like those around my town *

Yo Dana-

I have always been disturbed by the theme of the movie “Mad Max” - and todays events seem to be leading the [I][U]world[/U][/I] in that direction-eh!!

[QUOTE=~Soul~;2144686]I read a line in a book " After the Rain" that about covered it … you can teach intelligent people birth control, so guess who is out breeding who?[/QUOTE]

Intelligence has nothing to do with morality. The whole economic breakdown was caused the intelligent people who were thieves. Intelligent people would not need birth control would they, or, maybe, they may realize they might have just killed the next Ghandi or Martin Luther King. Most of the uneducated want to live in peace and raise their families. It is the “intelligent” people who try to manipulate the masses to gain power and wealth. How many of the great leaders come from poor, uneducated parents who have a strong moral center, as the tendency to be good is innate unless corrupted by unscrupulous peoples.

The frequency of bad stuff happening is increasing … but it’s proportional to the increase in population.

There is always a % of people that are mentally ill, a % drawn to violence, whether from birth defect, or molding experiences, and as cities grow in population, and of course density, the likelihood of something incredibly bad happening near you increases as you are exposed to a higher number (but not %) of crazy bastards per day. The same principle works for the no# of assholes driving on the road … a small population of asshole drivers driving around all day, gets maximum exposure in the city, and makes everyone cranky.

Unfortunately, the less evolved members of humanity find it hard to adapt to a peaceful society life, or driving in a considerate manner, after fighting their way to the top of the food chain for millions of years. Add to it the stresses of a usual life, and you’ve got loonies popping their lids everywhere.

And yes, intelligence is an anomaly, and is the cause for many of societies problems. Recession, Pollution, Manipulation of Religions, Manipulation of Laws, Questions & Revolution.

All people with IQ’s above 80 should turn themselves in for a lobotomy so we can go back to swinging in the trees, beating up each other over mating & foraging rights, and raping every woman we come across. Unfortunately, the remaining brain surgeons will need to either preform a personal lobotomy by themselves, or just commit suicide.

Unfortunately the next generation may turn out to be intelligent, so we’d all better be neutered first to prevent future occurrences of intelligent offspring.

Then the world can get back to normal :iagree:

Yes to all that but the real reason it is going up even more in the last few months is the Economy. I have been around long enough (getting old) to see this happen over and over. The economy goes down and chrimes go up. Economy goes up like it did under Clinton and part of Bush term and chrime go down. the funny thing everyone jumps on the bandwagon on how under there time in offcie chrime went down. Like they really had anything to do with it, people have jobs less chrime

“All people with IQ’s above 80 should turn themselves in for a lobotomy so we can go back to swinging in the trees, beating up each other over mating & foraging rights, and raping every woman we come across. Unfortunately, the remaining brain surgeons will need to either preform a personal lobotomy by themselves, or just commit suicide.”

What the heck is that all about? Who are these less evolved members of humanity? That comment reminds me of Orwellian “thinkspeak”. What are you trying to say? A monkey can’t drive a car, it requires intelligence. Have you never heard of a criminal genius? A successful criminal is intelligence but morally devoid. The guy who cut you off when you were driving out drove you but broke the rules. Have you never met 3rd world people’s with great hearts and low I.Q’s? How do you measure common sense?

What’s the next smartest animal on the planet? Can an ape read? Can a dolphin, as smart as the are purported to be (porous purport? wakka wakka) dig rocks out of the ground and smelt them down into airplanes? Or fly to the moon? Our race has some true genius in it, but along with that comes it’s opposite numbers, true evil. All of the things I have read here are contributing factors to the problems we face. If a solution isn’t found soon, I fear humans will DEvolve back to what we were. Which upon consideration may not be a bad thing.

I personally blame the media and how they sensationalise bad news.

Subject people to doom and gloom and do it often enough and they start to believe it and live like it.

I have classes of 30+ pupils, 5 - 7 of these classes every day. About 30% of these pupils suffer from what i would call chronic apathy, they truly can’t see past the doom and gloom. perhaps 2% of them are depressed and angry. Not a good combination IMO.

Some of the others brag about being in trouble with the police, they get some attention from their peers. It seems they feel important for once.

Blah, what do i know, i only have to deal with them. :slight_smile: