What is up with Slysoft customer service?

vbimport

I have been using the trial versions of AnyDVD and CloneDVD for the last couple of weeks and decided to purchase both as the trials have run out.

To save money I used the combo purchase and proceeded to buy the software Keys needed yesterday. Everything went well until I tried to install the Registry Keys. The AnyDVD Key went well but CloneDVD Key did not work. I finally discovered that I had purchased the AnyDVD/CloneCD combo by mistake . The second Key did not work because it was for CloneCD (which I have not even downloaded) not CloneDVD.

Realizing my mistake I emailed Slysoft (through the companies website) explaining my problem (which I admitted was my own fault). I asked that they email me the CloneDVD Key and cancel the CloneCD Key. As both combos cost the same I did not think there would be a problem - a minor customer service headache but manageable!

I still have not heard back from Slysoft. How busy can customer service be in such a small company? Should I continue to wait or would I be better off calling VISA and cancelling the entire purchase.

Cantley

Give it another day and it should be fixed.
Anyway slysoft and olli both browse these forums so maybe they can help…

Please wait a little more. We were under a distributed denial of service attack for two days. We had to switch off our email server for a while, so the support people could not see your request.
Mail is now working again, but there is a lot of work for them in the queue.
I don’t think that any mail is lost, but it doesn’t hurt to send it again.

Hello James,

I did as you suggested and sent another email via the Slysoft website last night. I still have not heard back from customer service.

I am going to initiate a VISA chargeback at 4 pm today if I am not contacted by Slysoft customer service. I will let VISA resolve this dispute.

Cantley

Please do not initiate a chargeback, it will backfire on you. “Letting VISA resolve the dispute”. Come on, what dispute? You made a mistake.
Sorry to say this, but I don’t like your attitude. Your posts reminds me of “blckmail”.
James has given you a very reasonable explanation why it is taking longer than usual. Maybe you don’t know what a “distributed denial of service attack” is, but trust me, it is a very bad thing.
A chargeback is very costly and troublesome for both sides. As you admitted, that it was “your fault”, VISA could (and should!) deny your chargeback request.
Why don’t you contact the service provider directly (Element 5). E-Mail address should be on your order confirmation. SlySoft & Element 5 will have no trouble changing your order.
Just my thoughts.

im glad someone else said something because i had a response written initially but decided not to be a troll. here’s what it was…

“talk about impatient…after all it was your fuck-up in the first place…:rolleyes:

@ Cantley

I think your are being in to much of a rush, slysoft are very busy. the way I see it, you made the “mistake” & now you are giving slysoft a time slot to fix your problem, let slysoft handle their problem first and then let them try to resolve your own problem, as Olli stated they will probably change keys.

Bj

I would only take this drastic action if the charge is NOT reversed seven days before you have to pay your credit card company. No online retailer is going to be able to instantly reverse the error, especially if it’s your fault.

Be patient and you will get your $ back.

@ Cantley

You do sound a little impatient, but I believe I understand why you are, as you have stated, you CloneDVD trial time has expired.

Not sure which version you have, but if you install the latest or another version other then the one you have installed, it will give you another 21 days of trial(well atleast it does with me). This will give SlySoft and you time to figure out what is needed to resolve the problem.

Believe ME when I say they will help you resolve the issue fairly, because they have done that for me… maybe more fair in my favor then I could have asked for…

the latest beta version of CloneDVD that ollie released a few days ago can be installed along side your current installation of CloneDVD ( according to ollie) so why not install that and use it until slysoft can take care of your problem?

You only have to look on these forums at the excellent level of support you get. As I say in my own business, sometimes you are better off not having certain people as your customers Slysoft. :wink:

Fedorov.

Great idea! … except there is no email address for Slysoft in any of the emails I received (four of them) from element5. The only way to contact Slysoft is through their website, and I did try that. The first (sent immediately)was very polite, the second (sent 24 hours later) was terse but polite, the third (sent 36-hours after the initial sale) outlined my options.

Maybe you don’t know what a “distributed denial of service attack” is, but trust me, it is a very bad thing.

Until James informed me of that, how was I to know. This information is not available on the Slysoft website. As a customer am I supposed to assume a software company’s website does not work? or could it be bad customer service? A quick note on the Contact Us page stating that the “Customer Service requests may face slower response times because of server difficulties” could have served both Slysoft and myself well.

Please do not initiate a chargeback, it will backfire on you. “Letting VISA resolve the dispute”. Come on, what dispute? You made a mistake.

I freely admit I made a mistake, but I made it with my Gold VISA and I pay a nice yearly fee guaranteeing me protection for my Internet purchases.

A chargeback is very costly and troublesome for both sides. As you admitted, that it was “your fault”, VISA could (and should!) deny your chargeback request.

This costly mistake would mean that my $76 CDN would be taken from element5’s account and placed in escrow until element5 could demonstrate conclusively that the customer is in the wrong. My $76 is already gone so even if this process takes 30 days it will not cost me any more. On the otherhand any profits element5 and Slysoft hoped to reap from this sale will be absorbed by dealing with VISA.

Sorry to say this, but I don’t like your attitude. Your posts reminds me of “blckmail”.

As much as many people hate the greasy wheel, I received an email from David Smith at 3:42 pm, at Slysoft - with a real email address, stating my problems would be addressed within the next 2 to 3 days. This is all I wanted to hear . A two line email and everything is fixed. I must also mention I received a PM from James (slysoft on this site) stating the same thing. I am now a happy customer.

If I really wanted to “blckmail[sic]” someone I would post the link to a warez site where both AnyDVD and CloneDVD are available for $5 each (as back-up only!). I am not doing that. I like this software and I hope that Slysoft continues to develop this software package.

Thank you,

Cantley

Glad you got it sorted, I just feel you were expecting a bit too much wanting a reply so quick - most companies you email these days your very lucky to hear anything in 24-48 hours. If it wasn’t for their site under attack I’m sure it would have been quicker though. :slight_smile:

Enjoy the great software though and welcome to the club!

Fedorov.