What is this?

Why am I being forced by cdfreaks.com with a deadline to disclose and enter my real first name, my real last name and my date of birth?? :a

[QUOTE=anikk;2226570]Why am I being forced by cdfreaks.com with a deadline to disclose and enter my real first name, my real last name and my date of birth?? :a[/QUOTE]

I’m wondering and asking the same thing in this post from the othr thread…
http://club.cdfreaks.com/2226555-post27.html

First, let me give you some background information. From the past we always had two different usernames&passwords for each individual member. On the frontpage you had to register and on the forums you had to register separately. You had two different user accounts for exactly the same site. The frontpage requested some information and the forum requested other information to create an account :confused:

To stop these “double” accounts we have been working on this technically for over a year. First we made sure that nobody could register only one account. We made one single registration process which created an account for both the forum features and the frontpage features. So lately everyone has a good working normal account when signing up. Next step was to let everybody who used mainpage features fill in the extra details for the mainpage as well. Thousands of members have done this to date. However, this was not enough. Since some people only use the forums, these accounts were never transferred to a “full account”. So, now we have to take the final step of making it mandatory, which you see now when you login. This only involves a small number of people who have never used any mainpage features until now.

We need to do this to make sure we only have one single account so we can introduce additional features and clean up all the technical mess which we had by using two different systems :iagree:

The extra information you have to fill in is very limited and will only be used for your own benefit :bow:. You name will be used to address you personally in for example the mailing list. In no way this is publically published. The birthday is used to send you a happy birthday e-mail for example and will not be published without your permission. I absolutely see no harm in these things. If you don’t want to fill it in, please just make up the data for now (yes, we are thinking of making it optional). Alternatively, let me know and I will disable your account if you cannot agree with these terms. However, I assume it’s not going to be a real problem given the fact it only includes a small number of people, almost everybody already has a full account and new people also have the same information.

I can imagine it seems strange at first, and maybe we had to communicate it better :o, but I can assure you that we don’t want to harm you in any way! :disagree: Please so let me know if you have additional questions.

[QUOTE=MP|3;2226610] (yes, we are thinking of making it optional). Alternatively, let me know and I will disable your account if you cannot agree with these terms. .[/QUOTE]

It could have just as easily been optional info and not a mandatory requirement. Most people don’t sit right with being ‘required’ to divulge info unless they want to volunteer it, don’t you all feel the same way??

As for your comment about disabling my account… don’t I still have til March 31st?

BTW, so what happens to anyone who might only want to join the forum??

In other words, the cdfreaks forum turns into the member forum of the so-called “mainpage features” community which - for some reason that I don’t know yet at this moment - consists of people with widely disclosed personal data.

I have to review the situation. I can’t reply immediately to this.

Ok, we definitely take all your comments very seriously and take all comments into account. We have been working on this for the last couple of hours, and now the fields are optional to fill in :stuck_out_tongue: :iagree:. As I already said, we don’t need to know them but they are only for your personal benefit as I explained. But if you don’t want that, no problem :slight_smile: :disagree:

So, you can now easily transfer your account [B]without[/B] filling in the personal information!

[B]MBK[/B] and [B]anikk[/B]: we have manually upgraded your account without any extra information, so you don’t have to do it yourself. Extra service from the developers :smiley:

It’s not our intention to drive people away from the forums. If you just want to browse the forums only, no problem. I hope all is well now. If you have any other questions, please let us know! :flower:

That’s great news for me and for [B]MBK[/B] as well I assume. :bow:

Thank you [B]MP|3[/B] for doing the manual re-registration. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Do I understand it right that the transition from the troubled double registration system to the united one is not affected in any way by this “little protest thead” :o

I hope so much that it’s not hurting the transition to a better system for you and the members. It really was just that it was a little strange and disturbing when I logged in and saw that request. :frowning:

I really hope that now everything is perfect for both sides.

[QUOTE=MP|3;2226907]Ok, we definitely take all your comments very seriously and take all comments into account. We have been working on this for the last couple of hours, and now the fields are optional to fill in :stuck_out_tongue: :iagree:. As I already said, we don’t need to know them but they are only for your personal benefit as I explained. But if you don’t want that, no problem :slight_smile: :disagree:

So, you can now easily transfer your account [B]without[/B] filling in the personal information!

[B]MBK[/B] and [B]anikk[/B]: we have manually upgraded your account without any extra information, so you don’t have to do it yourself. Extra service from the developers :smiley:

It’s not our intention to drive people away from the forums. If you just want to browse the forums only, no problem. I hope all is well now. If you have any other questions, please let us know! :flower:[/QUOTE]

That just reminds me why this forum is one of the best and most certainly the biggest… Thank you [B]MP|3[/B].

No problems guys! I hope everything is fine. Be sure to check out your profile (see “Profile” and “Settings” on top of the page) to see if you want to pimp it a bit :slight_smile:

I never saw any problem with this as my name is Rock N Roll :smiley:

[QUOTE=Bob;2227085]I never saw any problem with this as my name is Rock N Roll :D[/QUOTE]

LOL :bigsmile:
So tell me how ‘BOB’ fits into all that?? :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=MBK;2227227]LOL :bigsmile:
So tell me how ‘BOB’ fits into all that?? :p[/QUOTE]Bring over beer :wink: