What is this process ? gearsec.exe

The company that makes this program has website http://www.gearsoftware.com/ but I dont have any gear software programs and I have no idea why this is always running when i check under task manager, unless I have a program installed that uses gearsec.exe. Also it runs under the ‘user name’ of system instead of my username - doesn’t that mean its meant to be one of windows’ apps?

I have beeen rescearching what all the processes that I have running are and this is the only one I dont know why it’s running.

tia

googling says that it may be part of a dvd/cd recording engine in someone elses products. they mentioned itunes.

google told me that too. i dont have itunes.
what about "Also it runs under the ‘user name’ of system instead of my username - doesn’t that mean its meant to be one of windows’ apps? " is there any way I can disble it if it isn’t needed by windows

can any dvdxcopy users see if they have it running all the time - I think its 123studio related.

I’ve seen quite a few threads with users who have the exact same inquiry about this process.
Apparently it is indeed used in DVDXCopy by 321.

The Gear libary is used in many 3rd party software products. At first Gear was one of the first cd writing applications to exist and able to circumvent some copy protections. I remember it was inluded at 1 or 2 speed Hewlett Packard cd writers.
From what i know is that nowadays they mainly make money by selling their library software.

well, does anyone know why it runs under the ‘user name’ of system instead of my username and it runs every time all the time? (I do use dvdxcopy btw)