What is this?!? 411s or 451s ?!?

vbimport

Hi, this morning I received the order about a Liteon 451s but, when I opened the package I saw that, on the label of the product, there was written: 411s.
And then ? Have they rubbed me ?!? How can I understand and verify if the burner is really a 451s or not ?

Thanks

open box first, then look on the silver label on the top of the drive itself

Originally posted by booma
open box first, then look on the silver label on the top of the drive itself

It’s just on the silver label that there’s written 411s ! :rolleyes:
In detail:

LITE-ON IT CORP. DVD/CD REWRITABLE DRIVE
… MODEL LDW-411S
… DC===5V 1.5A/12V 1.5A

etc. etc…

Does it really matter? The specs are the same.

Some days ago I written a letter to Lite-on Corp. asking the differences between 411 and 451. They answered me that the 451 have some improvements about mechanics.

Moreover why could they say me that the product is a 451 when it is really a 411 ?!? :confused:

relax. silver says its 411, so its 411. As dave rightly sez, for all intents and purposes (bar one that I can think of), they do the exact same job - the difference the speak of as almost purely cosmetic and makes no difference to the user. in essence, they’re the same thing.

Originally posted by booma
relax. silver says its 411, so its 411. As dave rightly sez, for all intents and purposes (bar one that I can think of), they do the exact same job - the difference the speak of as almost purely cosmetic and makes no difference to the user. in essence, they’re the same thing.

However the procedure 451@851 is totally different respect at 411@811. Or not ?! There will be a reason…

for all intents and purposes (bar one that I can think of), they do the exact same job

hence the bit about bar(except) one. the 451 doesn’t need eeprom patching to OC it. even still, brilliant methods are available from the Z man for the 411. u are still well catered for if that is among ur intentions.