What is the truth about samsung scanners?

vbimport

I have read so many conflicting posts about this topic. I have a samsung SH-S182M, which i will hopefully be crossflashing to a TS-H652M if all goes well, to fix the lead-in issue. I know about the registry tweak to enable cd/dvd speed quality scan, but the question is, are the scans trustworthy? I would really like to hear from anybody who has used these drives what they think in terms of quality scanning for DVD+r. Thanks!

im not sure about your particular model. some samsung drives maybe comparable to Lite-On drives for cd-speed dvd quality scanning. if your drive is one of these i do not know. i do beleive that your drive will produce results which can be compared to other S182M quality test results.

please do not compare results of same media scans from a benQ 16##/20/40/50, or from a more forgiving quality scanning drive such as a Lite-On 6S or A1/A3/A4 drive

Hi,[quote=gwent;2171637]I have read so many conflicting posts about this topic. I have a samsung SH-S182M, (…) I would really like to hear from anybody who has used these drives what they think in terms of quality scanning for DVD+r. [/quote]disc scanning is not supported by Samsung. The scanning capabilities that are present are due to the Mediatek chipset. The scanning results may vary from individual drive to individual drive, possibly related to the strength of your morning coffee, phase of the moon and date of manufacturing of the drive.
That said, I would recommend to compare the results obtained with your drive with those of a “known good” scanning drive.

Michael