What is the main purpose of Mac , Windows and Linux

vbimport

[LEFT]I know this is kinda silly question but i really want to know the main purpose of each of them very briefly, also it would be appreciated if anyone could mention the support of Linux files. For example, windows (.exe = execution file ) Mac (.DMG = Disk image).
[/LEFT]

They’re operating systems.

They provide the common user interfaces, program interfaces, and driver interfaces to your hardware, so that you can use programs on them to do work/ surf the net/ play games/ play music / play movies & etc.

What do you mean … support of linux files?

Read this.

I think i wasn’t clear enough because i posted when i was in a rush, i meant what is the file extension of Linux and what does it stand for?

http://learn.clemsonlinux.org/wiki/File_extensions

[QUOTE=OwaziO;2520038] i meant what is the file extension of Linux and what does it stand for?[/QUOTE]There is no such thing like “a file extension for Linux”. Individual files may have an extension of the filename but this is only for convenience.

Michael

[QUOTE=OwaziO;2520038]I think i wasn’t clear enough because i posted when i was in a rush, i meant what is the file extension of Linux and what does it stand for?[/QUOTE]
I suspect that you do not understand what you are asking :confused:

Linux operating system disk images are released as standard ISO files.

ISO files are a standardised disk image format that can be understood by every decent burning program.

Some softwares have other disc image formats that can be used if more information than a basic TOC & files, but ISO is best for general disc images.

Games/protected discs cannot be distributed in ISO because ISO does not have the means to incorporate bit density/error information into the file.