What is the difference betweern TSMuxer TsReMuxer and BdRebuilder?

The only differences that I am aware of of the three is that TSMuxer lists the audio tracks languages and I’ve heard does a better job of DTS. TSRemuxer does a better job with HD video. BDrebuilder just takes much much longer and I do not know why, or the difference it makes. I am burning to BD-25.

BDRebuilder is not really the same as TSMuxer or TSRemuxer. BDRebuilder is a program to shrink a DL 50gb BluRay disc to a smaller size while keeping the disc structure intact. It reencodes with x264 which is why it takes so long. TSMuxer and TSRemuxer do not reencode – they are transport stream muxers mainly used to create m2ts and TS files from mpeg/vc1/avc and audio files by multiplexing them. TSRemuxer is older, TSMuxer is newer… I find that TSRemuxer does a better job with mpeg 2 files than TSMuxer. TSMuxer does a superb job with HD video. I use it regularly to de-mux audio from m2ts files from Blu-Ray rips as well as create AVC HD discs from mkv files.

So I am guessing BD Rebuilder will result in the best quality? When I use TsRemuxer I usually only cut out the extras, leaving the hd audio and hd video. Wouldn’t this result in the same quality as the actually blu ray, while BD Rebuilder is actually rebuilding the files resulting in less quality?

[QUOTE=freestylp0laris;2277817]So I am guessing BD Rebuilder will result in the best quality? When I use TsRemuxer I usually only cut out the extras, leaving the hd audio and hd video. Wouldn’t this result in the same quality as the actually blu ray, while BD Rebuilder is actually rebuilding the files resulting in less quality?[/QUOTE]

What you are saying is in essence true, but don’t underestimate the power of x264, it does an incredible job, especially if you need to get a 30 GB Bluray movie dwon to under 25GB to fit onto a BD-R 25 GB disc.

Also, in my experience TSMuxer is more stable than TSRemux. I used to use TSRemux until I started to get weird results from time to time.

Since TSReMux and TSMuxer do not reencode anything, you get the same quality output as the original. You just select certain sections with them.

BDRebuilder is a different class of program, and can do things neither of the other two programs can…as Dalen has already explained.

It depends on what you want to do… with BDRebuilder you have a complete disc that is a clone of the original, and the quality will be [B]virtually[/B] identical if you have your encoding setting set corrrectly. If you are getting poor results, you need to change your x264 settings. The biggest advantage of using BDRebuilder is keeping the original menus. Since a lot of Blu discs have crappy menus or even no menus, you maybe best off just making a 1:1 copy with TSMuxer or TSRemuxer of the main movie.

Technically, TSRemuxer and TSMuxer deliver 100% the same quality as the original source. They just re-mux those files and do not change the quality at all.

So overall, which app would be the best to keep video and audio at its highest in your opinions? So far I like TSMuxer the most, it’s quick and keeps the same exact quality. I only use BDrebuilder when without extras subtitles and extra audio tracks the movie is still larger than 25GB. Also if any of you know, what is the difference between the high and highest encoding settings in BDRebilder?

BD-Rebuilder shrinks the movies.
TSRemuxer is TSMuxer but older
TSMuxer is the newest form of TSremuxer and just cuts out extras.

Got It.

Nice comments on those tools but I’d like to find out a program that will let me replace a corrupted files in STREAM folder with another undamaged one, taken from another BD ? Does such a toll exist ? Thanks.