What is The Diferrence between DVD-R and DVD+R Discs

Hi Guys !

Can someone explain me the difference between DVD-R and DVD+R burn ?

I just wanna know what to choose when i burn my Things… i mean for data should i use -R or +R and video should i use -R or +R

Thanks
hgtvg

Why DVD+R(W) is superior to DVD-R(W)

Moved to hardware forum.

Maybe dvd+r is superior but its not quite as compatible
I have a duel writer but always use dvd-r simply because its more compatible especally for backing up ps 2 dvd based games…
I also believe its slightly more compatible with stand alone dvd players although most will play both…(well i have yet to find a dvd player that will not play dvd+r) but i have heard reports that dvd+r dont play on some standalones…

Some users report DVD players reading nothing else but DVD+R.

My own DVD player–and many others, I think, made 2 or more years ago–cannot play DVD+R disks. It plays DVD-R disks perfectly.

I just thought I’d chime in and say that my first generation Sony DVD player plays DVD+R and -R disc without a hitch. Also, any +R discs I’ve burned for friends work on their set-top DVD players without any issues.

Personally, I prefer the +R format over the -R format, but I’m a bit biased since I own a PX708A, and it of course works best with +R discs.

I cannot believe people always raise this compatability bullshit when comparing + against - dvdr media.

That issue is fast supsiding, and +r beats -r in every technical aspect.

Cheap modern £70 dvd players play +r/+rw without fault, even as stated many early expensive players such as some Sony’s.

Nowadays, if you want less wastage between sessions, better linking, better crc checking, etc, the + format wins hands down.