What IS the Deal with Bangkok Dangerous?

Well, I’m struggling with Bangkok Dangerous also. I’ve tried 2 different DVD players and two versions of DVDFAB and have the same problems.

Movie will not pass Path Player without read errors. I disabled Path Player and still Read Errors. I tried Ignoring and retry numerous times with no luck.

So the moral of the story is I can not get DVD FAB to even begin to make a back-up as it will not even load up enough for me to choose full copy or main movie selections.

The DVD is brand new and plays fine in all 4 DVD players in the house as well as the PC in which it fails while in the DVDFAB program.

Anyone have any suggestions. It seems that this movie seems to have issues at numerous different stages of the back up process. I’m currently running DVDFAB 5.2.3.2

As always thanks,

Chris

[quote=nosvet;2210794]Well, I’m struggling with Bangkok Dangerous also. I’ve tried 2 different DVD players and two versions of DVDFAB and have the same problems.

Movie will not pass Path Player without read errors. I disabled Path Player and still Read Errors. I tried Ignoring and retry numerous times with no luck.

So the moral of the story is I can not get DVD FAB to even begin to make a back-up as it will not even load up enough for me to choose full copy or main movie selections.

The DVD is brand new and plays fine in all 4 DVD players in the house as well as the PC in which it fails while in the DVDFAB program.

Anyone have any suggestions. It seems that this movie seems to have issues at numerous different stages of the back up process. I’m currently running DVDFAB 5.2.3.2

As always thanks,

Chris[/quote]
DVDFab version 5232 will handle this movie just fine, have you check to see if your drive/burner is in DMA mode or PIO mode ?

Yes do what SJ said and also clean the DVD as the slightest scratch or finder print can cause this to happen

:eek: Fingerprints found on every disc where kids dwell :bigsmile:

Well the DVD is brand spanking new and is in perfect condition and completely free of any prints, smudges etc,.

I had backed up 2 movies back-to-back and on the third back-up (Bangkok Dangerous) it failed and I just now backed up the Dark KNight immediately following another failure to read Bangkok.

Remember the DVDROM drive can not read the disc when in DVDFAB but reads it fine in Windows. I never get to the Burn process. I thought the DMA issue was when writing.

I have 2 drives, one to read and one to write. I will double check the DMA settings on the read and write drives again.

Thanks

[quote=nosvet;2210808]Well the DVD is brand spanking new and is in perfect condition and completely free of any prints, smudges etc,.

I had backed up 2 movies back-to-back and on the third back-up (Bangkok Dangerous) it failed and I just now backed up the Dark KNight immediately following another failure to read Bangkok.

Remember the DVDROM drive can not read the disc when in DVDFAB but reads it fine in Windows. I never get to the Burn process. I thought the DMA issue was when writing.

I have 2 drives, one to read and one to write. I will double check the DMA settings on the read and write drives again.

Thanks[/quote]
Try using your other drive to do the reading I have 6 drives and when I run across a problematic DVD that I’m having trouble with reading I switch to another drive, some drives are better at reading then other :smiley:

OK, its offical. This disc is going to be a pain. DMA is set corectly. even with pathplayer disabled the disc just tries to read the disc with no time-out. eerrrr!

Already tried both drives. This DVD has ALOT of files onit!!
23 BUP files, 23 IFO files and 44 VOB files.

[quote=nosvet;2210831]Already tried both drives. This DVD has ALOT of files onit!!
23 BUP files, 23 IFO files and 44 VOB files.[/quote]
So does mine and I did a backup using the last version of DVDFab Platinum 5230 using main movie(the only mode that would work, then after the update to version 5232 was able to do Full disc mode :bigsmile:
with PathPlayer set as “Always enabled” and in Read settings set as “Ignore all read errors” :iagree:

Hi, Chris.
To reiterate Stormjumper’s advice: When using DVDFab, close down everything else, even your security software, and allow DVDFab to get on with it.
Works for me, anyway. :iagree:

You must have a bad disc. Download VSO Inspector it is free and use it to scan disc. If any errors show then it a bad disc and just because it new and can play in your DVD player does not mean it a good disc. I have opened brand new DVDs just to find a finger print on them or scratches. Look at the DVD in the light you just might see some scratches and even the smallest scratch or smudge can affect copying a DVD

[quote=Metallica Boy;2210954]Hi, Chris.
To reiterate Stormjumper’s advice: When using DVDFab, close down everything else, [B]even your security software[/B], and allow DVDFab to get on with it.
Works for me, anyway. :iagree:[/quote]
Very sorry my friend I disagree with that statement, and that advice should never be given :disagree:

Same here I always leave my security stuff running and have never had a problem with FAB. I tend to lean towards a scratched disc or fingerprints even though it’s new as FAB Platinum had no trouble with this movie

It sounds like a bad pressed disc to me and I never shut down anything when
using DVDFab myself. I just stick the disc in and take off ripping a backup and
I’ve never had a problem yet with stuff running in the background. :disagree:

Just me again.:slight_smile:
Omitted to mention that when I have DvdFab running, that’s the only prog open.
My internet connection is completely shut down.
Probably I do have enough power under the bonnet to surf while burning discs, but for all the time it takes, I just don’t bother.
Sorry about any misunderstanding caused by that rather rash comment earlier.
See you all later, then. Jim :slight_smile:

Undertand where your coming from with the comment to shut down ‘other’ software that may conflict with each of the process’s DVD Fab runs through but… think this will depend on many factors, such as your rig/machine, user experience and knowledge and what other programs your trying to run.

Persoanally and I’m not saying this is right or wrong – I normally do other stuff whilst backing up copies of DVD’s with Fab – e.g. surf net, word docs, update’s and pacthes etc… and leave all my security apps in place and running.

I obvously avoid things that may cause conflicts/problems like disk defrags or processor intensive work, e.g. video editting and have never really had any issues.

My PC running XP, and is resonably fast and I’d class myself as resonable to good on the user/techncial side.

Average time for me to make a backup is around the 20-30mins mark, again depending on disk and options I choose and the only reason I do other things is that it’s more productive than to just wait. All in all I only buy a few discs a week so don’t have a huge time dependency and even then have a backlog of those that I want to copy so time is always the issue :slight_smile:

@ Asbac
I to have no issues or problems doing other things on my rig during a backup, when I or we give the advice to a member/user to shut down any programs running in the background it can help narrow down the problem area.
Granted we members on the help squad that do not have problems because of experience and knowledge of computer configuration and the other factors :wink: and most of the members that need or asking for help are still learning not only with DVDFab but also about the computer …[B]([/B]or may not have a beefed up rig :bigsmile: [B])[/B]

There is something different about THIS movie.

Fab couldn’t do a thing with it until I updated to 5.2.3.2. Even with the update, it’s reading at less than a snail’s pace. I’m at 68% after 40 minutes, and have 18 minutes or more to go.

New release, new protection seems the more likely suspect.

[quote=teh roxxors;2214602]There is something different about THIS movie.

Fab couldn’t do a thing with it until I updated to 5.2.3.2. Even with the update, it’s reading at less than a snail’s pace. I’m at 68% after 40 minutes, and have 18 minutes or more to go.

New release, new protection seems the more likely suspect.[/quote]
It is new protection but Ver 5232 can handle this movie…Check the status of the transfer mode of the drive/burner and make sure it is in DMA mode and not PIO mode.