What is the CD Freaks Living Room All About?

This was recently posted in the thread Who do you admire of hate most?
"I am not going to mention any names, but I hate spammers. These people have no concept of irc chat or PM. Taking up space with useless posts just to rack up their post count. If you have nothing to contribute, please dont post anything. It is quite annoying to see one sentence conversations between two users when they have AIM or MIRC as alternatives. Cant believe I wasted my 1000th post on posting something that people should already know… "

If the CD freaks living room isn’t just to hang out and discuss trivial matters, what is it all about?

At any rate, I spend most of my time in the hardware forums.

Now this is what the Living room is all about!
We have a winner byt Dee-Ehn

This is a nice place where we CD Freaks forum members come together to share our wisdom, laught at each others humor and ask help with non-tech topics.

Besides that, it’s fun!

Originally posted by debro
If the CD freaks living room isn’t just to hang out and discuss trivial matters, what is it all about?

Well, generaly speaking, it’s everyting else, except that:

Here you can chat with other CD Freaks visitors about anything you like, news, love, sports, philosophy etc etc…

Living Room has some very interesting subjects to discuss… You just have to search very deep. :wink:

This is a nice place where we CD Freaks forum members come together to share our wisdom, laught at each others humor and ask help with non-tech topics.

Besides that, this part of the forum gives us the oppurnity to get to know each other a little better so we can expand our own horizons, by thinking about other peoples views on all kinds of matters.

Besides that, it’s fun!

Originally posted by debro

At any rate, I spend most of my time in the hardware forums.

Guess who doesn’t ?

Huzzy made it clear. The thread was provocative in the first place. It’s not worth it to talk about personal hatred here. It makes it just worse and worse and also makes the environment uncomfortable for everyone else. Please don’t start any such post.

The living room forum is for all crap that doesn’t belong into any of the other forums here…

Yes, I say crap because there are hardly ever useful postings here…but that is the reason I visit this part of the forums…I like such crap every now and then. :wink:

Originally posted by BoSkin

Guess who doesn’t ?

Boskin don’t bring this up again. You have been warned by FP about this matter as has RH. Keep this off the forums. Next time spend a few minutes cooling down before you post any such “clever” remarks. I am getting tired of this …

Originally posted by BoSkin

Guess who doesn’t ?

Who cares?

I know that the Living Room is for all that kind of stuff, but I keep wondering how many people would still post so many posts if the counter in this forum would be deactivated. I think FD was referring to that and I can only agree with him. It is not funny to read through a thread a seeing 10 posts from the same user, having nothing to add. But I’m no admin or mod, so this is none of my business.

I think FD was referring to that and I can only agree with him. It is not funny to read through a thread a seeing 10 posts from the same user, having nothing to add.
I find this annoying too, but i think it is only happening in the longest CDFreaks thread, haven’t seen multiple consequent posts by the same user elsewhere in the living room.

I am not really saying that this kind of “spamming” is allowed in the Longest Thread, but it kinda serves its purpose now doesn’t it? Actually i would really wish for this to stop, this last few days it has been happenning a lot and it just makes me not read the posts anymore… :frowning:

Originally posted by Hemispasm
I am not really saying that this kind of “spamming” is allowed in the Longest Thread, but it kinda serves its purpose now doesn’t it? Actually i would really wish for this to stop, this last few days it has been happenning a lot and it just makes me not read the posts anymore… :frowning:

I already placed some remarks on that one. No reply yet…

I guess I’d post the same when the post counter would be disabled. Although I really wouldn’t want it to… not that the number of posts says really much of quality, it does say the time you spend on this forum!

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
I guess I’d post the same when the post counter would be disabled. Although I really wouldn’t want it to… not that the number of posts says really much of quality, it does say the time you spend on this forum!

You get to have more respect (I think), but not always. :slight_smile:

Originally posted by RedHatted
You get to have more respect (I think), but not always. :slight_smile:

Well if your post count is high, you’ll be wellknown in a short time. If the posts are full of crap, your image will be really bad in an even shorter time…

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]

Well if your post count is high, you’ll be wellknown in a short time. If the posts are full of crap, your image will be really bad in an even shorter time… [/B]

Yes, you got my hidden message of my post. :wink:

Originally posted by RedHatted
[B]

Yes, you got my hidden message of my post. :wink: [/B]

Well there is a hidden message in my post as well. Consider it :slight_smile:

Originally posted by Dee-ehn
[B]

Well there is a hidden message in my post as well. Consider it :slight_smile: [/B]

Threatening now, are we?

Originally posted by Smart@$$

Threatening now, are we?

Don’t take it personal Smart… at least, not you :wink:

Originally posted by Smart@$$

Threatening now, are we?

Perhaps he isn’t, but I am…

You better watch out, or I’ll come up with an even worst status title for you.