What is the best....?

vbimport

What for program is the best to encode a dvd,

DVD2ONE , DVDshrink or CloneDVD,

Let me no what you think,

Grtzzzzz,
Hell-fighter…:a

Well for me DVD Shrink 2.3 is excellent and also FREE of course.

The other two both do a free trial so why not experiment and see the results for yourself? :slight_smile:

For me DVD95Copy, but because you don’t include it in your question I choose DVD Shrink…

DVD Shrink

Why pay when DVDShrink does it all and does it better? Waiting for DVDShrink 2.4 to come out.

DVD Decrypter + DVDShrink + Nero (comes w/ Lite-On CDRW) = Excellent Quality DVD backups for Free.

Originally posted by Hell-fighter
[B]What for program is the best to encode a dvd,

Grtzzzzz,
Hell-fighter…:a [/B]

can you please tell me why you ask people what thay think and yet dont even give any indecation on what programe you like or use the most i do think if you start a topic like this then you are duty bound to join in at least a little

i would have to say that dvd2one sure is very easy to use. I used clonedvd and didnt like it too much

Rob

From what I understand, [C]inema [C]raft [E]ncoder (CCE) does a very good job at handling problematic movies… Independance Day and Armageddon come immediately to mind. These movies are at 6GB+ with “movie only” and “one audio track.” But, addressing your question, “what is the best…???”, I have one answer: It is all relative, & it all depends on a lot of various factors. For example: (1.) The quality of the original, (2.) The quality of the viewing source, e.g., seeing a movie on a plasma TV will reveal more imperfections than a 13" black and white TV. (3.) What kind of eye you have, (4.) Which program you used.

I would recommend looking for the following programs: DoItFAST4U, DoCCE4U, CCE 2.66.01.07, ReAuthorist, VobSub_2.23, DVDDecrypter 3.1.6.0.

P.S. Always test on a DVD-RW!

QUESTION???
why do some people use dvd decryptor, then use dvd shrink?
isnt everything built into dvd shrink i:confused:

Because DVD Decrypter takes out the region encryptions and locks and what have you, DVD Shrink doesn’t.

DVD Shrink for sure… it’s free, it’s easy to use ( couple of button klicks and your on your way ) it do a great job. Never had any probs with it.

Lunda

[B]What for program is the best to encode a dvd,

Grtzzzzz,
Hell-fighter…:a [/B]

Whats the best ? well it depends on your priorities. If its the best quality, then its none of those, it CCE by a BIG margin.

If its speed, then go for DVD2ONE.

If its cost, then go for DVD Shrink.

Originally posted by Stoner
Because DVD Decrypter takes out the region encryptions and locks and what have you, DVD Shrink doesn’t.

dvd shrink lets you choose to make it region free doesnt it?
i usually only use shrink, what would be the advantage of using decryptor first… if any…
thanks

actually, if you’re going to use CCE don’t forget about using dvd2dvd-r… in my opinion, it has an easier interface.

the d00d at this website http://www.mrbass.org/ knows his stuff, i would recommend you read & retain what he has to say.

chickenman, i’m sure you’ve heard this before… you’re avatar is killer! everytime i see it, i chuckle.

Originally posted by nite0859
[B]actually, if you’re going to use CCE don’t forget about using dvd2dvd-r… in my opinion, it has an easier interface.

the d00d at this website http://www.mrbass.org/ knows his stuff, i would recommend you read & retain what he has to say.

chickenman, i’m sure you’ve heard this before… you’re avatar is killer! everytime i see it, i chuckle. [/B]

Yes absolutely, I have used it before but for me its to limiting. I need to backup both my DVD’s and AVI’s to DVDR, occasionally to SVCD and rarely to VCD. DVD2SVCD handles all these with easy. Why use one program for one use amd another for another. DVD2DVDR still has lots of issues with various DVD’s and is still being de-bugged with re-issues regularly. Its probably time I had another look at it though.

Glad you like my avatar, his name is Chook E Giblet.

What for program is the best to…

There should be a rule about asking this like at Doom9. Though admittedly there are far less flame wars here… But there never can be a best for everyone.

/MLS

I agree MLS, the question “What is the best …” without any other details is like asking “How long is a piece of string?” Every answer will be different, as whats best for one is not the best for another.

Thread closed.