• i’m not interested in write speed
  • i’m not interested in cd-text
  • i’m not interested in the price

I just want to:

• copy as many protections as possible

Thank you

Game cd protections or audio cd protections? The answer is different depending upon which is more important to you.

I bought the Yamaha CRW-F1, because it can rip all the audioprotections that are used at this moment.
But when you want to copy data (games), i suggest you to wait a little bit longer, until it is sure which drive can handle SecuROM new and SafeDisc 2.8x.

I just need to defeat game copy protections, copying audio protections would be only a nice addition :slight_smile:

Bye

48x Asus is the writer for you then. Of course, the best burner for your requirements could change by next week but that’s just the way it goes, I’m afraid. :wink:

• i’m not interested in the price
    What about a LiteOn and a Plextor?

Well, of course, if he’s got the dosh to buy both, you’d be hard pressed to do better. The plex being a superior reader and able to handle audio protections and the Litey writing safedisc 2, in particular.

If you’re prepared to buy 2 with money no object, you could also go with the new yammie and the latest asus which would give you roughly the same overall capabilities as a plex/litey pairing.

…the Asus 48x does not do Key2audio.Not with Eac or Clone. It can see all track(in Eac "detect toc manually), but fails to read the disc .

You say the Plextor/Lite-On combo is good. You go on to to say that the Plextor is a superior reader and able to handle audio protections. Does it matter which Plextor? Currently I have a 40X SCSI Ultrawide Plextor (PX-40TW) that I use to read. I also have the Plexwriter 40/12/40A (PX-W4012A) that I use to burn. Which would be better to use as a reader, the reader or the burner?