What is the best writer for Aone Gold Dual Layer Media?

I use the above media alot to burn dual layers as the media is so cheap - I’m not paying loads more for verbatim as I can get 100 of these for about £30 and even if you get a few coasters out of 10 burns it’s still cheaper to do it like this.

I used to burn these fine with a IDE Pioneer DVR-112d but unfortunately the drive stopped working after about 3 years. From reading reviews I bought a Sata Sony Optiarc AD-7241S drive but unfortunately it just doesn’t like this media.

Do you guys have any suggestions for Sata writers that are compatible with the Aone Gold Dual Layer media?

Thanks for your help

[QUOTE=ManiacMatt;2560607]I use the above media alot to burn dual layers as the media is so cheap - I’m not paying loads more for verbatim as I can get 100 of these for about £30 and even if you get a few coasters out of 10 burns it’s still cheaper to do it like this.
[/QUOTE]

You may not only get a “few coasters” you may also wind up w/ low quality burns, that’s errors on the disc that will effect the life span. Keep that in mind.

DL media is picky, I only use verbatim and limit it to discs that require DL (i.e. Movie or Game) I don’t waste them on data backups. This way a 50 pack will last a long time!

I understand they won’t last as long but I only use them for a certain period of time anyway as I won’t play old games years down the line - Thanks for your comment though any help is much appreciated.

I’ve found that I can get ahold of new drives DVR-215D and DVR-216D which I believe are both NEC chipsets and Sata, any thoughts at all?

Thankyou for your help

[QUOTE=ManiacMatt;2560638]I understand they won’t last as long but I only use them for a certain period of time anyway as I won’t play old games years down the line - Thanks for your comment though any help is much appreciated.

I’ve found that I can get ahold of new drives DVR-215D and DVR-216D which I believe are both NEC chipsets and Sata, any thoughts at all?

Thankyou for your help[/QUOTE]
The 215D. What speed are you burning at? I suggest 4x and yes those drives are NEC Chipsets. If you can find a Optiarc 7200 A or S are the best DL burners IMHO. You can’t go wrong with Verbatim DL. I think your DL was made by RICOH, unless it was made in the U.A.E. it is mediocre quality at best. No offense intended :flower:

Thanks for your post, I know the media isn’t great yes it’s ricoh. I can get 100 for about £30 though so doesn’t really bother me

I burn at 4x. I’ll go for the 215 thanks for your help, these drives are rare now it’s been a bit of a nightmare finding one!

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;2560643]I think your DL was made by RICOH, unless it was made in the U.A.E. it is mediocre quality at best. [/QUOTE]
Aone is a housebrand of the Umedisc and the quality of their DL discs is usually very poor.

[QUOTE=pepst;2560704]Aone is a housebrand of the Umedisc and the quality of their DL discs is usually very poor.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, found a web site located in the U.K. that said it was RICOH, should have known better.

[QUOTE=ManiacMatt;2560703]Thanks for your post, I know the media isn’t great yes it’s ricoh. I can get 100 for about £30 though so doesn’t really bother me

I burn at 4x. I’ll go for the 215 thanks for your help, these drives are rare now it’s been a bit of a nightmare finding one![/QUOTE]
got to love that price!

Its still too much for crappo media…