What is the best way to obtain some 99 minute CD-R's?

vbimport

I’m a Dreamcast enthusiast, and need a dozen or so 870MB CD-R’s to burn certain games. A month or two ago I got burned by DealExtreme and their infamous Banana Digital discs. They used to be recommended for DC users such as myself, but in recent years have been selling lower quality discs that can’t be read (reliably) by the DC’s laser. I’ve made close to 20 coasters trying to burn various 99 minute games, but did get one 80 minute game to work, although inconsistently. I don’t feel like burning another 30 in hopes of finding a working one, so I’d like to ask if anyone knows of a retailer or independent seller who I can get some good discs from. Feel free to PM me.

These guys have 900mb cd-r discs, if that size will work. They are MediaRange brand.

They have international shipping to the US, but shipping is close to 4 times the cost of the discs. Found them through a Google search, so I’ve never heard of them before now, or ordered from them.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2752018]These guys have 900mb cd-r discs, if that size will work. They are MediaRange brand.

They have international shipping to the US, but shipping is close to 4 times the cost of the discs. Found them through a Google search, so I’ve never heard of them before now, or ordered from them.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately according to what I’ve read, those may be no good. Supposedly it depends on whether your Dreamcast has a Samsung or Yamaha reader in it, which is something I have yet to check. Two brands I’ve been told are good are Intenso and Number. Intenso’s are out of stock everywhere, and the Number ones are only available on a Chinese retailer called TaoBao. They don’t do international sales unfortunately.