What is the best way to archive audio files?

vbimport

Hello:

What is the best way to archive back-up copies of audio files?:

• copy the uncompressed WAVs to CDR? Using Windows XP’s intrinsic copy funtion or Nero’s CD-ROM/ data CD function? Which has more robust error corection?
  • just make another audio CD?

I have a Yamaha CRW-F1ZUX CD-RW drive with it’s OEM Nero burning software. My hard drive is running out of space, so I need to archive some rarely used WAV / MP3 files.

for me the best way is burning the songs to a data cd using nero
mp3 of course

1. If the CD doesn’t have copy protection, CloneCD it and make another copy.

2. Use Exact Audio Copy with LAME MP3 encoder and convert the original CD tracks to no less than 192kbps CBR MP3.

3. For WAV/MP3 files already on your HD, select Data/ISO mode in Nero and burn them as data files. You don’t want Nero to change or convert the orginal audio files in anyway.

Does using Nero’s Data/Iso function alter the uncompressed WAV file in any way?

Does anybody know how to format a blank CDR so that I can simply drag, drop, and copy uncompressed WAV files from my hard drive to CDR (I’m using Windows XP Home).

Originally posted by mshmd
[B]Does using Nero’s Data/Iso function alter the uncompressed WAV file in any way?

Does anybody know how to format a blank CDR so that I can simply drag, drop, and copy uncompressed WAV files from my hard drive to CDR (I’m using Windows XP Home). [/B]

if you want a compressed file without any loss at all you could try out Monkey’s Audio

greetz