What is the best use of facebook

Can any body plz tell me that what is the best use of facebook which a person can avail???:cool:

Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

In my opinion facebook is totally useless :bigsmile:

Just my opinion :wink:

Try it and see as it’s free

It´s most popular use is for pretending to have a life when you actually don´t.

[QUOTE=cheema;2483844]Can any body plz tell me that what is the best use of facebook which a person can avail???:cool:[/QUOTE]
:Z :Z

[QUOTE=geno888;2483854]Hi and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

In my opinion facebook is totally useless :bigsmile:

Just my opinion ;)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=deanimator;2483925]It´s most popular use is for pretending to have a life when you actually don´t.[/QUOTE]

I think both are pretty sums up facebook…not to mention how they invadge your privacy to benefit them and their advertisers…if you haven’t read or heard or read about the debacle facebook got themselve into then that site is for you…:doh: :Z

Facebook can be nice to share thoughts and pictures amongst friends and others you like to stay in touch with.

You have to be aware of privacy concerns as stated above…if you do not set the proper privacy settings, the whole world can join in.

For those days you feel like the worlds forgotten you, and even spammers have been lax, you can rest assured that facebook can fill the the void with exhorbitant friend requests and stupid application requests, and updates to friends walls/apps/twits/etc.

IMO, Facebook is a gratuitous waste of time, for those that have the time.

The Zynga Poker application is exceptionally good.

It uses pretend chips so there’s no money involved and you can chat and meet others while you play.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=cheema;2483844]Can any body plz tell me that what is the best use of facebook which a person can avail???:cool:[/QUOTE]

MY 24year old and 18Year old Sons use Facebook mainley to keep in touch with [B]School Friends.[/B]
:iagree:
[B][/B]
di made a facebook profile and havent been on it 4 about 3 years
Only butch chicks and some Lebaneess was hitting on me :eek:

[B][I]IF I do the social net Crap I wont have time for My Freaky Mice friends ;)[/I][/B]

[QUOTE=cheema;2483844]Can any body plz tell me that what is the best use of facebook [/QUOTE] To not use it.

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2484106]To not use it.[/QUOTE]:iagree:
Facebook’s Zuckerberg Says The Age of Privacy is Over:
http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/facebooks_zuckerberg_says_the_age_of_privacy_is_ov.php

Michael

[QUOTE=Da_Taxman;2484063]Facebook can be nice to share thoughts and pictures amongst friends and others you like to stay in touch with.

You have to be aware of privacy concerns as stated above…if you do not set the proper privacy settings, the whole world can join in.[/QUOTE] :iagree: Facebook is mainly for the younger generation to keep in touch with each other, although I am old I use it to keep in touch with my granddaughters & sons and as Tax said you have to set your privacy setting in order to stop the junk just like any other programs. And for the statement only people who use it has no life well the same could be said for any of those programs including this one as each person has their own opinion and shouldn’t try to force it on others IMHO

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2484106]To not use it.[/QUOTE] So in other words, like in Global Termonuclear War, the only winning move is not to play?! :cool:

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2484172]So in other words, like in Global Termonuclear War, the only winning move is not to play?! :cool:[/QUOTE]

You know the sad thing is I know what you’re talking about there. :bigsmile::bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2484172]So in other words, like in Global Termonuclear War, the only winning move is not to play?! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Indeed Joshua.

And while you’re at it, go kill all your other profiles as well. :slight_smile:

So far I haven’t joined it, let alone used it, despite all the “xyz invited you to join Facebook” e-mails I’ve received over time. I set up a profile on Windows Live and tried out CDFreaks’ social networking features (mostly removed in MyCE), but abandoned them now. I never joined any others such as Bebo, MySpace, Twitter, etc., let alone feel left out by not joining any.

Personally, I find the best ways to keep in touch are e-mail and Telephone. If your friends are local, why not meet up now and again? When I was at 2nd level school, another popular way friends kept in touch before social networking websites and mobiles was by CB radio! For realtime chatting and Video, there’s also MSN (Windows Live) messenger and Skype. For sharing photos, I either send them by e-mail or directly via MSN, as this way I know who receives them.

Do you really need to put your personal details, photos, etc. in public for 1,000’s of strangers to look at? :wink:

[QUOTE=Seán;2484419]Do you really need to put your personal details, photos, etc. in public for 1,000’s of strangers to look at? ;)[/QUOTE] If you’re a young, hot, attractive, single woman, then yes - otherwise no! :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Wombler;2484197]You know the sad thing is I know what you’re talking about there. :bigsmile::bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Me too :doh: :bigsmile:

Only reason I even set up a Facebook account was because of the CDFreaks/MyCE FB group.

Been useful as a couple of people who I hadn’t had contact with for a few years found me…but even so I’m hardly ever on there. I’m here instead :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2484424]Only reason I even set up a Facebook account was because of the CDFreaks/MyCE FB group.[/QUOTE] Shouldn’t you be on [B]kittehbook[/B] instead? :stuck_out_tongue:

As long as you set your privacy settings properly and are careful about what you post there really shouldn’t be a problem using Facebook.

Otherwise use a fake account and go nuts with all the Zynga games.

Say, anyone want to join my Mafia Wars family? :stuck_out_tongue: