What is the best single layer media

After going to my local computer fare last night, on the hunt for some single layer media, i only managed to come across the following in verbatim.

1. single layer +r (mit) and (mij)

2. orange packet which i belive to be -r (mii) and (mit)

3. If you was going to bye quality +r printable single layer verbatim discs what are the best (mis) like dl or are (mit) any good im guessing (mii) are rubbish

4. Who makes the best quality single layer media is it yuden or verbatim or even another make, also what code should i look out for on the discs, when purchasing them so i do not bye the wrong ones.

Many thanks

You are on the right track. Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim are generally considered to be the best two best dvd media.

Myself, I use Verbatim DVD+R 16X (dye code: MCC 004).

Ice in the UK you can find Verb that are TY’s in cognito. Not sure which ones though. You might look in the Blank Media forum.

What make Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden the best single layer disc?

[QUOTE=santaprayer;2008363]What make Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden the best single layer disc?[/QUOTE]

The Quality of the chemicals used to make the dye

Hi all
bosox2882 where are these made m8 (dye code: MCC 004).

does anyone think they know a better single layer disc than this with the code please.

[QUOTE=Bob;2008358]Ice in the UK you can find Verb that are TY’s in cognito. Not sure which ones though. You might look in the Blank Media forum.[/QUOTE]

The ones with Made in Japan on the packaging :iagree:

Other than that, I personally love Verbatim (MIT or MII) 16x +R (MCC004) :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2008372] I personally love Verbatim (MIT ) 16x +R (MCC004) :)[/QUOTE]

Just picked up a 100 pack for $20 :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2008375]Just picked up a 100 pack for $20 :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

GRRR :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;2008376]GRRR :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Hey Sugar thought that get you :flower:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2008379]Hey Sugar thought that get you :flower:[/QUOTE]

You know it. I’m an MCC004 freak :o

To get back on topic :o:

1. If you was going to bye quality +r printable single layer verbatim discs what are the best (mis) like dl or are (mit) any good im guessing (mii) are rubbish

2. Who makes the best quality single layer media is it yuden or verbatim or even another make, also what code should i look out for on the discs, when purchasing them so i do not bye the wrong ones.

MIT printable would be best for all-round compatibility, but what drive do you have?

I ask because the MII ones perform like champs on most of my drives :slight_smile:

I think Verbatim would be the best in my opinion (others’, as usual, may differ). But…I must add, that myself and others here have noticed that the MIJ Verbatim DVD media is not terrific, though it’s acceptable.

should that not be purr:bigsmile:

i was told arachne that you got a right stash in you bacement, reason for the shortage all over the world:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Icewarrior;2008395]should that not be purr:bigsmile:

i was told arachne that you got a right stash in you bacement, reason for the shortage all over the world:bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

LOL! Yes, I purr when I get more MCC004 :bigsmile:…and the Dragon is as much to blame for any shortage as I am, trust me :wink:

Now, what drive have you got :wink:

[B]Dvd re writer (A) LITE_ON DVDRW LH-20A1P

Dvd re writer (B) NEC DVD [I]RW ND[/I]-3500AG[/B]

Hmmm. Best stick with the MIT ones, I would say :slight_smile:

Most people rave on about yudens being top dog.

Just wanted to see if verbs where better in single layer, i now know which is better in dl the mkm 001 (mis) are working well with me, can not fault them.

it’s just that it would be nice to be certain for which media to invest in single layer seen as i need to buy some

basically in general…

Verbatim 16x cert (MCC 004) DVD+R and TY (Taiyo Yuden) DVD+R (or -R) 8x cert discs are generally considered the best discs.

me personally though i think overall Verbatim is better mainly cause it’s price in most cases is noticeably cheaper by about 5-10 dollars or so and there quality is pretty much the same.

Just my 2 cents Verbatims, Taiyo Yuden, Ritek Ridata. These three are for me the best. I use -rs. I have never had any problems with any of these blank media. I mostly use Taiyo Yuden. I buy them at supermediastore.com. Never have any skips freezes coasters of any kind. Of course there are a lot of other factors which could cause this as well but thats a whole nother story!:smiley:

so far the best scans i had are from my newly purchased YUDEN000 T02. i have only one spindle of MCC 004 so far. both are dvd+r, only set back for the yuden t02 is 8x, however this does not effect me as i only burn 16x media at 8x.

MCC 004 - PIE total 18000 to 26000, PIF total 52 to 200, jitter 7 - 8.5

Yuden T02 - PIE 6000 to 10000, PIF 100 to 250, jitter 7 - 9

as for life of the disc, i can not comment. (yet)

Just stay away from Verb’s made in India as they are questionable but the ones from Singapore are OK, Look on the case to see where they were made