What Is The Best Program To Burn Audio CD´s?

vbimport

I have a Sony CRX140E-RP burner and I´m using Nero 5.5.0.3 to burn my MP3:s to audio cd´s. Obviously this is not working for me because 50% of my burns end up in the dumpster.

I´m really new to burning audio cd´s and I´m not sure what program I should use to burn without getting these fuckups. Can I check my mp3´s for errors?, can I just get a CD-RW and reburn till it works? Shit, this is annoying me to no end.

I would appreciate some suggestions.

Thanks.

Im using nero and cdrwin(when i write cue files for my audio cds)for my audio burnings.
You try`d burning at a lower speed?

Originally posted by RDJ
Im using nero and cdrwin(when i write cue files for my audio cds)for my audio burnings.
You try`d burning at a lower speed?

I tried burning with Accurateburn at 4x and got to 75% before the burn failed with a “try burning at lower speed” message. So I´m going to try at 1x speed now :smiley:
I hope it works, I´m running out of Cd-R´s. These mp3´s I´m burning are 192kbit and the others I´ve burned (the ones that worked) have all been 128kbit. I´m guessing that has something to do with the writing probs I´m having.

This might sound silly but Cd-RW´s are rewritable when an Audio cd failes to burn, right?? I´ve never used a CD-RW with my drive before. I´m getting sick of throwing away good blanks.

ok… the reason that 192k one messes up is because the program you are using… its decoder probably cant decode 192kbits. I use hotburn and so far it`s great… you can get it from www.disturbedsociety.com good luck

I have nero and it works great!

Hey Green Man…To answer your first question, I use WinOnCD3.7PE to burn audio and data cd’s and CloneCD to copy. But I think that your success will increase dramatically if you would convert your mp3s into wav files first before you burn and don’t rely on the burning program to convert for you.
I use MP3 Workshop for doing that job. It works very well and it is FREE!! Try it…you can get it at…
http://myhome.iolfree.ie/~mp3workshop/ Good Luck!!

Starglo

I have loads of MP3s so i use MusicMatch and so far there have been no problems at all. I also would use Nero 5.5 (or the latest one)
Good Luck
ChicaneWeaver
:slight_smile: