What is the best program for dvd backuping?

1)what is the best program for dvd backuping?

2)i have a NEC 3500(by the way should i install anything for it like new firmware? cause i didn’t change anything since i installed it right out of the box)

tanx

You are going to get a bunch of different answers here. I personally recommend the DVD Shrink/DVD Decrypter combo. It is legal freeware and if nothing else it gives you a starting point. Beyond that there are two other combos that you will see mentioned quite frequently on here. The first is the AnyDVD/CloneDVD combo. This is probably the fastest method of the bunch but fair and be warned you will be forking over $65 for this pair in order to get the full versions. They are great software but not worth the $65 cost IMHO. The last one is the DVD-RB/CCE combo. This one is the most expensive and time consuming of the bunch but it also delivers nothing but the best for quality. It can also be a pain to setup if you aren’t very familiar with computers. So it really depends on: 1. What options you want for burning 2. How much you want to spend

money is not the problem and lets say that i need the best…
what is AnyDVD?
and please answer my question nunber 2

“AnyDVD is a driver, which descrambles DVD-Movies automatically in the background. This DVD appears unprotected and region code free for all applications and the Windows operating system as well…”

So the procedure with AnyDVD (see above) and CloneDVD2:

1. Enable AnyDVD (automatically or by clicking on the icon). Nothing else to be done.

2. Start CloneDVD, choose an option (1:1 copy, titles copy, etc.). This software does everything, including burning.

In a nutshell. It is the easiest way of backing up DVDs.

what is the third option…i never heard of it