What is the best media / settings to burn a DVD with my notebook's drive

I have a GSA-T20L 8x DVD burner in my notebook and I want to produce some reliable backups of my photos to DVD+R or DVD-R discs.

What is the best media (preferably available on the high street) in terms of brand and speed rating for this purpose and my drive?

What speed should I be burning at to produce the best results?

Thanks in advance,
Alex (UK)

[QUOTE=ajd;2202173]I have a GSA-T20L 8x DVD burner in my notebook and I want to produce some reliable backups of my photos to DVD+R or DVD-R discs.

What is the best media (preferably available on the high street) in terms of brand and speed rating for this purpose and my drive?

What speed should I be burning at to produce the best results?

Thanks in advance,
Alex (UK)[/QUOTE]

Hi ajd,
I have the same drive in my notebook and I have very good experiences with Verbatim 16x DVD+R, Sony 16x DVD+R, TDK 16x -+R (made in UAE), Prodisc 8x +R and Benq 16x +R media. CMC Magnetics -R and Optodisc -+R media are also a good choices for this drive, if you can buy them under the reputable brands (Samsung, HP, LG).
GSA-T20 can burn all these media at 8x speed with no problems (4x speed can give a slightly better results, but it is not worth the spent time).

Thanks very much for the help - I’ll know what to look for when I go shopping :slight_smile: