What is the Best DVD Recorder out in the market

Im in the process of getting a new DVD burner.

What is the best DVD burner so far that can do almost everything

A Dvd Burner that can do all of the above features
Including label flash
Lightscribe

Everything

There’s no such thing as the best drive! You’re asking too much IMHO. You have to see what your priorities are, then pick up a drive that will be the best for your needs :wink: If you want everything, then you’ll have to pick more than one drive!

As far as I know there is no drive supporting both lightscribe & labelflash…

[QUOTE=yyy;2275846]There’s no such thing as the best drive! You’re asking too much IMHO. You have to see what your priorities are, then pick up a drive that will be the best for your needs :wink: If you want everything, then you’ll have to pick more than one drive!

As far as I know there is no drive supporting both lightscribe & labelflash…[/QUOTE]

Thanx for replying lets say I want it to have the lightscribe feature & All of the above features , Blu-ray , Double layer , etc… Or 1 dvd writer with the maximum number of read/write & General Features

You’re welcome

lets say I want it to have the lightscribe feature

Some Optiarc/Nec drives have this feature. I’m not sure about others. I think some Pioneer/Asus with Nec chipsets have this feature as well, but you have to check this again…

All of the above features , Blu-ray , Double layer , etc… Or 1 dvd writer with the maximum number of read/write & General Features

All new drives have DL read/write support.
Do you want BR read or write? Please be more specific. Your final choice also depends on how much money you want to spend… :wink:

Lets say money is not an issue.

Yes i want BR (R&W)

As Much Features as Possible. The picture above shows what my burner is and the green & red dots show what they are capable of.

Im after a DVD Burner with all lights red & green xD :wink:

All green and red is not going to happen. HD-DVD is a dead format, and you won’t find a burner that can write to HD DVD and Blu Ray.

The last Blu Ray burner I know of that has the ability to read HD DVD is the LG GGW-H20L. It also supports Lightscribe.

Here is a screenshot from Nero InfoTool. Sorry I don’t have DVDInfoPro…hmmm, as a matter of fact, I’m not sorry. I wouldn’t touch that program with a 49 1/2 ft pole.
So you’ll have to make do with this shot from Nero.

Thanx , I noticed that its region free as well. Thats really kewl. It also has lightsctibe , Blueray Discs for PS3 ( R&W). So do you adivce and go for this burner or there are other burners which are ahead of this one ??

There are some faster burners for Blu Ray already, and I believe the GGW-H20L is no longer in production. Later LG drives dropped the ability to read HD DVD if that is a concern.

You may want to look through some of the newer reviews of Blu Ray burners here at cdfreaks: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f142/archive-blu-ray-hd-dvd-reviews-articles-guides-243528/

Thanx seriously now it has been more difficult for me to make up my mind:

Im confused

Pioneer BDR-203BK

or
LG BH08LS20 Super Multi Blu-ray Disc Rewriter

Are these two the top in the market; if so Pioneer does not support lightscribe or labelflash. while the other 1 does.

Lets say im wiring you with the an open budget what would you go for ?

Both if budget is no problem

It would be difficult for me to advise you any further on these burners, since I have no direct experience with them.

Look in the Blu Ray equipment forum for more information. Like this thread on the 8x burners: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f142/8x-blu-ray-burner-comparison-chart-273897/

Thanx for the quick reply.

If im looking for the latest DVD Burner that does at least the following features :

Blue ray ( Read & Write )
Lightscribe
Like making DVD’s with Verbatim to play them in my car.
Disc Manufacturer ID: <MCC>, Media Type ID: <004>,

LG BH08NS20 Meets my needs ?

The LG BH08LS20 has Lightscribe. I’m not sure that the LG BH08NS20 variant does.

The BH08LS20 meets all the requirements of your last post.

Thanx for your continued support ,

1 last question.

With lightsctibe i can print on DVD’s & Cd’s or there are certain DVD’s for that ?

The answer to these type question is always the one you did not buy

You have to buy specific disks to use Lightscribe. For example, these: http://www.rima.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=R&Product_Code=95128&Category_Code=DVDPLUSR

Disks made for Lightscribe use will say so on the packaging.

Thanx, Regarding lightscribe is it refillable or how does it work ?

http://www.lightscribe.com/