What is the best dvd-r to burn ps2 backup

vbimport

I’d like to know what is the dvd-r that offers the best reflectivity for ps2 backups in order to damage less the laser block. Is the Imation dvd-r good enough for it.

Thank you for your answers.:slight_smile:

I am using various brands and all work equally good.
The only thing you have to remember (since old PSX days): burn with 1x Speed on any medium, regardless how cheap or expensive it is - I burn PS2 CDs and DVDs with 1x and all work perfectly. Laser wearout is no problem unless you got an early model V3 PS2, like me - i solved the problem this way: I chipped a friends PS2 and at the same time secretly exchanged the laser unit from his V7, which doesn’t wear off. So he got now my crap laser :slight_smile:

I am using Crap-tek (Ritek) DVD-R, Apple DVD-R, Fujifilm DVD-R, Fujifilm DVD+R…
Note: The high quality DVD-R media is currently being made by Pionneer and is sold under the following brands: Pioneer, Apple, Fujifilm.- as far as I know

Originally posted by CR4CK1N705H
… i solved the problem this way: I chipped a friend’s PS2…
obviously a good friend of yours. How do you determine the version of PS2 you have, and which are resistant to lazer ware?

Thank you for your answers.

[AUS/EU/UK] PS2 PAL
30002/3/4 v1-3 = 10 Screws on base of PS2
30002/3/4 v4 = 8 Screws on base of PS2
30002R/3R/4R v4 = 8 Screws on base of PS2 & 2 screws in upper rim of expansion bay
30002R/3R/4R v5/v6 = 8 Screws on base of PS2 & 3 screws in upper rim of expansion bay
39002/3/4 v7 = 8 Screws on base of PS2 & 3 screws in upper rim of expansion bay

[USA] PS2 NTSC
30001 v1-3 = 10 Screws on base of PS2
30001 v4 = 8 Screws on base of PS2
35001 v4 = 8 Screws on base of PS2 Serial # U5*** & U6***, Datecode 1B, 1C
30001R v4 = 8 Screws on base of PS2
30001R v5.x = 8 Screws on base of PS2 with three screws in top rim of expansion bay
39001 v7 = 8 screws on base of PS2

Taken from charlie_ps2 @ ps2newz.net

In regards to media good brands include Verbatim, Fuji (TY), Taiyo Yuden, Ritek, Traxdata, Pioneer, Apple (Maxell), Maxell, TDK. Imation is CMC DVD media, and I think in general are regarded as being a cheaply made media company.

/MLS

Hi, i really don’t think the speed of burning the disk is a problem. I had cheap princo dvd-r’s and that didnt even work when burning 1 speed, my ps2 couldn’t play any video cutscenes from those disks, it’s just to crap to read…
I bought some 8 speed TDK dvd-r’s, burnt rugby 06 on it (using 8speed write), and mortal kombat shaulin monks, and all works great. Loading even seemd faster than the original disks haha.
So in my opinion use TDK disks, u can’t go wrong. :iagree:

Princo is just crap, no surprise it wouldn’t work…