What is the best DVD authoring Software

vbimport

dvd authoring software free or licensed but user friendly, it must be able to customize menu, playable to stand alone dvd, good interface, can save dvd to ur hard disk first before burning, and can add songs at background on menu… thanks… post ur suggestions and i will try it… im searching for a good one :slight_smile:

The free ones are simply not going to be as polished and user friendly as some of the commercial programs.
I know of three free authoring programs that run under Windows, but there may be others: DVDStyler, GUIforDVDAuthor, and DVDAuthorGUI.

There are many commercial options. I’ve used TMPGenc Author in the past, and the older versions were not much more advanced than DVDStyler in my opinion. The latest version is TMPGenc Author 3 I believe, and includes a divx authoring option.

The one I use is DVDLab Pro. It is expensive for an authoring program, at least for one that isn’t at a purely professional level like Scenarist. Lab Pro is quite versatile though, and the help file that is included is one of the best I’ve seen.

Adding background music limits it to DVD Movie Factory (commercial), I think, unfortunately :frowning:

IMO the best payware editor/authoring appliactions are Womble MPEG Video Wizard DVD, and VideoRedo TV suite; but I don’t think they have the ability to add or change background menu music.

If you really want something you can grow with, than DVD Lab Pro is the one. It will do all you want +.
It is not cheep, but with features close to pro software which are in $1000+ range.
Yo can also add music to a menu with this one, plus do your own command structure if required.
It is quite easy to use for a beginner and good enough for a pro.
You can go on their forum to see what it can do.

thanks guyz, i will try dvd lab pro does it have a trial?

is that mediachance? i mean the product? medichance dvd lab pro?

or other?

[quote=B2Kevin;2079757]thanks guyz, i will try dvd lab pro does it have a trial?

is that mediachance? i mean the product? medichance dvd lab pro?

or other?[/quote]
The manufacturer is Mediachance but the product name is dvdlab pro. EDIT: you get 30 days to test it out then you need to purchase it

okies, thanks dude.
is there a tutorial for dvd lab? T_T

sorry for being noob :slight_smile:

NO worries we all were noobs at one point in time

idk how to use dvd lab sob . . .

TMPGenc Author 3 > i tried this but how to change the option to dvd 5? coz it 8gig dvd, and i got only 4gig dvd, so it means it wont fit T_T nvm, i figured it out :slight_smile:

Open the trial of Lab Pro, and hit F1. This will get you to the Help files. As I said before, it is a very good introduction to the program.

Mediachance also has forums for their programs. You can find the Lab Pro forum here: http://mmbforums.com/ipb/

@imkidd
r u referring to Ulead Movie Factory?

This is the site for downloading tutorial file for Lab.

http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/tutorial/index.html

[quote=B2Kevin;2079789]@imkidd
r u referring to Ulead Movie Factory?[/quote]I am. :wink: It has a free trial also.

[QUOTE=CDuncle;2079991]This is the site for downloading tutorial file for Lab.

http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/tutorial/index.html[/QUOTE]

how can i add a movie? to title? i mean is how start to work on a project? coz all i can see is to open .da files? that i dont have…

[QUOTE=B2Kevin;2080020]how can i add a movie? to title? i mean is how start to work on a project? coz all i can see is to open .da files? that i dont have…[/QUOTE]

I would say, go through the manual first.
To add movie to DVD Lab you need mpg2 DVD compliant file from your editor or VOB. Just import to asset bin and from there to Movie window.

Ulead Studio 11, Pinnacle Studio 11/12, Ulead Movie Factory 5/6, Vegas Movie Studio, and Adobe Premiere Elements, all allow adding of audio tracks, voice over, etc… There are limited amounts of tracks you can add with some of them, but those limits are more than most people will ever use. These softwares average around $100.00, but if you watch for sales/deals/rebates, you can generally get them for around $50.00…

[QUOTE=harley2ride;2080077]Ulead Studio 11, Pinnacle Studio 11/12, Ulead Movie Factory 5/6, Vegas Movie Studio, and Adobe Premiere Elements, all allow adding of audio tracks, voice over, etc… There are limited amounts of tracks you can add with some of them, but those limits are more than most people will ever use. These softwares average around $100.00, but if you watch for sales/deals/rebates, you can generally get them for around $50.00…[/QUOTE]

but i think this softwares are too PRO for a NOOB like me T_T,…

I think the software Harley mentioned is probably easier than Lab Pro, but they include a lot more than just authoring capability. They are all-in-one programs that include editing and encoding functions as well.

Your original question was for a top quality authoring program…and Lab Pro fits that description within its price range. They do offer a program called DVDLab Pro 2 Edit Suite which should be able to edit and encode as well, but it is three times the cost of Adobe Premiere Elements. If you want advanced authoring tools and extensive menu creation capabilities, then maybe the Lab Pro software will fit your needs, but it isn’t meant for the casual user.

ohhh i see, my bad, so i think dvd lab pro is the best authoring software. thanks guyz… dvd lab pro wons, but the price is too expensive for a software… hehe… thanks again guyz i will just ask question again if i got some problems . . lab yah all XD

VideoReDo is the best for TV Show DVD creation