What is the best deal on slim jewel cases?

vbimport

Hi, I just wanted to ask you guys about the best deal you have ever seen for slim jewel cases. In bulk quantities (packs of 50 or more), what is the lowest price you have ever seen (while it was on sale)? What store did you see this at?

So far, this looks like the best offer out there. Did any of you guys ever find something cheaper?

http://www.discmakers.com/shop/ItemDetails.aspx?ItemID=CD-020-00013

Supermediastore.com just had them on sale, 200 Pack 5.2mm Slim Single Black CD Jewel Cases for $29.74 with Free Shipping.

Was a 3-day sale, it’s now over though.

That is one of the better prices I have seen for a while though it’s not great.

Best deal ever was the Staples deal, I forget how cheap that was but it was CHEAP, someone else will remember the price :cool:

[QUOTE=etep513;2136183]Hi, I just wanted to ask you guys about the best deal you have ever seen for slim jewel cases. In bulk quantities (packs of 50 or more), what is the lowest price you have ever seen (while it was on sale)? What store did you see this at?

So far, this looks like the best offer out there. Did any of you guys ever find something cheaper?

http://www.discmakers.com/shop/ItemDetails.aspx?ItemID=CD-020-00013[/QUOTE]

With Black Friday around the corner, you may find them free after rebate. Radio Shack has had this deal as well as a few others.

Staples has 50 packs on sale this week

A couple of weeks ago, I picked up a 100 pack of Memorex brand slim jewels cases at Sam’s Club for around $16 tax included. They were in 5 different colors.

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2136305]With Black Friday around the corner, you may find them free after rebate. Radio Shack has had this deal as well as a few others.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, is it typical for slim jewel cases to be free after rebate during that time (with some stores)? Or do manufacturers sporadically offer the rebate at random?

OfficeMax occasionally runs 2 for 1 offers on the 50 and 100 packs. They used to alternate the offer on the 100 and then 50 packs every week but they’ve only been doing it at much longer intervals lately. 50 pack is $17.99, 100 pack is $32.99.

They offer free shipping over $50 but it may be for only local delivery. The cases can also arrive damaged requiring a trip to the store to exchange them anyway.

A couple of years back they sold Belkin cases at a much lower price with the same 2 for 1 deals. I got cases back then for under 7 cents each…

Just checked, no 2 for 1 this week…time for me to start watching again, I’m down to 100 left.

[QUOTE=anonabcd;2136528]OfficeMax occasionally runs 2 for 1 offers on the 50 and 100 packs. They used to alternate the offer on the 100 and then 50 packs every week but they’ve only been doing it at much longer intervals lately. 50 pack is $17.99, 100 pack is $32.99.

They offer free shipping over $50 but it may be for only local delivery. The cases can also arrive damaged requiring a trip to the store to exchange them anyway.

A couple of years back they sold Belkin cases at a much lower price with the same 2 for 1 deals. I got cases back then for under 7 cents each…

Just checked, no 2 for 1 this week…time for me to start watching again, I’m down to 100 left.[/QUOTE]

Ok, but assuming that I got 200 cases for $32.99, that would still be rather expensive. Top quality media is cheaper than that (when it’s on sale). IMO, that’s not really a deal. Those cases probably cost 2 cents to produce.

[QUOTE=etep513;2136474]Sweet, is it typical for slim jewel cases to be free after rebate during that time (with some stores)? Or do manufacturers sporadically offer the rebate at random?[/QUOTE]

Sweet, is it typical for slim jewel cases to be free after rebate during that time (with some stores)? Or do manufacturers sporadically offer the rebate at random?

It’s really hit or miss. Slim Jewel Cases are often a leader where a retailer hopes to get you to buy more items (and of course, to not submit the rebate or violate the terms so you don’t get it).

Sites like slickdeals.net, techbargains.com, freeafterrebate.info, dealcatcher.com and of course, CDF are places to look for these deals. As Black Friday approaches, check with bfads.net. Once a deal is posted on a main site, they tend to appear at other sites.

Pack of 100 for $10 if you head the good sale.

[QUOTE=jeff53404;2137014]It’s really hit or miss. Slim Jewel Cases are often a leader where a retailer hopes to get you to buy more items (and of course, to not submit the rebate or violate the terms so you don’t get it).

Sites like slickdeals.net, techbargains.com, freeafterrebate.info, dealcatcher.com and of course, CDF are places to look for these deals. As Black Friday approaches, check with bfads.net. Once a deal is posted on a main site, they tend to appear at other sites.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I’ll keep my eye on those websites.

Current cheapest price if you need them now, $26.99 free ship.

Found HERE

[QUOTE=etep513;2136183]Hi, I just wanted to ask you guys about the best deal you have ever seen for slim jewel cases. In bulk quantities (packs of 50 or more), what is the lowest price you have ever seen (while it was on sale)? What store did you see this at?

http://www.discmakers.com/shop/ItemDetails.aspx?ItemID=CD-020-00013[/QUOTE]

Thanks to a heads-up from Ripit, Staples has a 50 pk for $7.99

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f58/next-weeks-ads-10-12-08-us-254164/

Meritline have 100 for $9.99. I haven’t found any better prices than that.

[QUOTE=camembert;2140058]Meritline have 100 for $9.99. I haven’t found any better prices than that.

[/QUOTE]

Do you have a link for that?

I found the link:

http://www.meritline.com/jewcasforcds.html

With shipping to my area, that is not a good deal but there may be ways to reduce the cost. If the OP is willing to wait, Black Friday approaches.

Yikes! But I suppose if you were able bundle some other stuff with the order, like blank media, it would be more of a bargain.

I get all my slim cases from Staples. Their brand usually go on sale every 2 months for $14 for 100 in the red box. I have bought 50-packs on clearance for $5 at Staples too. I think those free-after-rebate deals are gone forever.

Sam’s Club still $14.24 for 100.

Supermediastore.com has them on sale.

200 Pack 5.2mm Slim Single Black CD Jewel Cases for $30.99 with Free Shipping

http://www.supermediastore.com/slim-black-cd-jewel-case-200pack.html?WT.mc_id=081103emailActiveDV_16836_AC-001-0182&utm_source=email&utm_medium=campaign&utm_term=AC-001-0182&utm_campaign=cp_acc_081103ActiveDV&emc=el&m=578656&l=26&v=3142717f88