What is the best *cheap* media for LiteOns?

vbimport

Hello, I was thinking, what is the cheapest media for the Lite Ons you can get away with (getting all green on CDSpeed scan)??? I don’t mean the best-best-uber-best. I want something cheap but “green” on the test.

I’m using Verbatuim CDs, at x12 I get all squares green. Though I wouldn’t say that Verbatium is cheap.

What cheap and good media do you use?

PS: BTW, does anyone know where I can get online Verbatium cheap?

Originally posted by TexasGuy

What cheap and good media do you use?

RITEK CDRs, Atip-Code: 97m31s07f & 97m15s17f

They can be TDK, Philips, Samsung, Memorex, Traxdata, Maxell, LiteOn … ( on and on again )- branded

:wink:

Well, I use Princo 2x-48x rated with my both liteys.

They are the cheapest I have found in my part of the world. i always get all green sectors @ all speeds.

Ritek

I use fuji made by TY they are less than 8 cents a disk after rebates around here :slight_smile: at that price why look for cheaper media that may be dicey ??

Originally posted by lagger
I use fuji made by TY they are less than 8 cents a disk after rebates around here :slight_smile: at that price why look for cheaper media that may be dicey ??

I agree with Lagger: if you’re in the USA how can you NOT use Fuji discs with all of the sales going on? $8 after rebates for 10 is a hell of a deal!

Fuji TYs are not cheap if they aren’t on sale, and that’s a rarity at bestbuy. If you stick to the spec burn speed on the CDR label, TDK media are hard to beat. But that’s just me 'cause I’ve been using only TDK media for the past few years.

Originally posted by Spazmogen

$8 after rebates for 10 is a hell of a deal!
Really ? :confused:

And I used to pay about $18 for 50 pcs’ cake box of [COLOR=darkblue]SK which are :

ATIP: 97m 15s 17f
Disc Manufacturer: Ritek Co.
Reflective layer: Dye (Short strategy; e.g. Phthalocyanine)
Media type: CD-Recordable
Recording Speeds: min. unknown - max. unknown
nominal Capacity: 702.83MB (79m 59s 74f / LBA: 359849)
[/COLOR]

Originally posted by Stoner

Fuji TYs are not cheap if they aren’t on sale

That’s right. If you got lucky, you could buy those from time to time,
but I thought we were talking about the best *cheap * media’s common prices .

i’m sure Spazmogen meant $8 for 100 fujis after rebate. these prices at best buy are fairly common, i’d say maybe at least once a month. in fact, this week they have the 100 pack for $9 after rebate, which is only slightly more expensive than the $8 deal in january. there were a few other deals going on in the last month that even allowed for getting fujis free after rebate.

i agree w/ lagger and Spazmogen that at least if u live in the US, u shouldn’t have to settle for lower-quality cdrs thanx to best buy. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by AZImmortal

i’m sure Spazmogen meant $8 for 100 fujis after rebate.

there were a few other deals going on in the last month that even allowed for getting fujis free after rebate.

i agree w/ lagger and Spazmogen that at least if u live in the US…

Yeah, I guess so.

Free after rebate ? Well, that is a hell of a deal !

…and what if not ? :frowning: :bigsmile:

That is what I tried to type, but this sh*ty governemnt keyboard is screwed.

Buy Smartbuy (Prodisc) spindles, really cheap, performs well and last long. Their latest 48x media is really incredible!

Originally posted by Bloody Aztec
Buy Smartbuy (Prodisc) spindles, really cheap, performs well and last long. Their latest 48x media is really incredible!

Are you sure ? - My experiences in latest 32x-48x Smartbuy or Prodisc label discs are very bad in Nero’s scandisc almost as CMC media ! -But Memorex or Samsung made by Prodisc are vere good

But most cheaper are Philips (Ritek-made in China) and good enough too…

I’ve scanned them at full speed… very low C1 error rate.

Originally posted by Gary Kokkin
[B]

Are you sure ? - My experiences in latest 32x-48x Smartbuy or Prodisc label discs are very bad in Nero’s scandisc almost as CMC media ! -But Memorex or Samsung made by Prodisc are vere good

[/B]

32x SmartBuy doesn’t work in my 48246S either. I always get unreadable sectors near the end of disc if I burn at speeding higher than 24x.