What is the best cd writer out there?

vbimport

Hello…Want to know which cd writer to buy for copying audio. Is it possible to produce an exact copy in terms of quailty and clarity of an audio cd using a pc ?? Which cd writer is the absolute best for this, and the software to use to acheive the best possible copy. There are top end hi fi seperates cd copiers out there which can copy audio cds with hardly no degration of quailty of the music, but does not provide the options that u can do with a pc. I just need to know if a pc can do just as good as one of these hi fi seperates with the right components. Thanks

You’ll have to try it.
If I were you, I’d buy a burner that report quality “graphs” of the discs, like Plextor Premium or LiteOn drives.

The most important point is media, and its compatibility with burner.

As far as the “quality “graphs” of the discs” go, nothing beats Yamaha F1.
For further info, pls see the proof @CD-RW Media Tests, like e.g. here : [COLOR=blue]TY - Taiyo Yuden or RiTEK etc.[/COLOR]

i also use my pc burner mostly for audio copying and i am serious about the sound quality of the copies.

so far i am abslutly shure that different burners, blank media, writing speed, software used and the system’s hardware and software configuration affect considerably the end result.

through mant tests (and wasted blank cd-r) i got the best sounding copies with the following configuration:

1. yamaha 3200e (using the AMQR and 80-conductor ide cable) withe separate power supply just for the burner.
  2. feurio withe the following buffer settings:
    • size of data buffer - maximum posible (the idea is to get the most of the project in the RAM (the entire prject if possible)
    • send per command - the maximum possible (2.1 Mb in my case)
    • size of elements - that is irrelevant (2.1 Mb in my case)
  3. Verbatim audio cd-r 74-min, TY sounds good too, TDK with the blue cyanine layer sounds good too but very different from the orriginal so it’s a matter of taste

I can’t explain why the above works best for me, but it does and i think it is a good starting point for you. Depending on the quality of the pressed cd the copy sounds similar to much better than the original. And the difference between them is almost the same ofrom cheap to veru hi-end players, althoug much clearly heard on the latter. At the same time i doubt there will be any difference when the original and the copy are plyed on cd-players tthat use buffer for the data read from the cd (as some Meridian players for ex.).

Originally posted by BoSkin
As far as the “quality “graphs” of the discs” go, nothing beats Yamaha F1.
For further info, pls see the proof @CD-RW Media Tests, like e.g. here : [COLOR=blue]TY - Taiyo Yuden or RiTEK etc.[/COLOR]

Yes, you’re right. I wish I had a Premium scan that could compare, though. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by petertakov
1. yamaha 3200e (using the AMQR and 80-conductor ide cable) withe separate power supply just for the burner.

Damn, I need 7 Power supply’s for my rig :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: