What is the best burning software for nec 3540a?

nero is given with nec but exactly what is the best?
i know that plextor work with blind write excellent
but which one is best for nec 3540a?
Roxio (sonic),NTI,Nero,clone,alcohol,blind write,discjuggler,cdrwin…etc

I am pretty happy with Nero…

I think that the goodness/badness of a burning program has nothing to do with the burner (except in some particular cases, e.g. drives like the Yamaha F1 or newer plextors, which have particular features that some programs may support and others not - AudioMaster or GigaRec as an example). Just check that the burner is supported by the software. :wink:

I mean: some people say that nero is great, other people say that it is crap; but I haven’t heard ever someone saying “nero is crap with NEC”, or “Roxio is the best for plextor drives”…

I’d suggest to try nero since it is the bundled software… if it fine for your needs, you are ok.

BTW, blindwrite is not an “all-purpose burning program” like nero or NTI, but a program aimed at a particular task (backup, copy protections)… :smiley:

Regards, :slight_smile:

ET

I mean: some people say that nero is great, other people say that it is crap; but I haven’t heard ever someone saying “nero is crap with NEC”, or “Roxio is the best for plextor drives”…
Do you know how many times Nero attempted to fix DVD+R finalization on the Plextor PX-708 until it actually worked?

I think that the goodness/badness of a burning program has nothing to do with the burner (except in some particular cases, e.g. drives like the Yamaha F1 or newer plextors, which have particular features that some programs may support and others not - AudioMaster or GigaRec as an example). Just check that the burner is supported by the software.
That’s the point… a properly working program like DVD Decrypter doesn’t need such a list of supported drives, of cause not speaking about unique features like those you mentioned

No. :bigsmile:

That’s the point… a properly working program like DVD Decrypter doesn’t need such a list of supported drives

DVD Decrypter is wonderful, I love it. :flower:
I hate that “supported drives” stuff too… I am not an expert, but any MMC-compliant drive should be basically supported, right?
Unfortunately, nero is not the only program doing that… cdrwin does the same for sure, like probably the majority of commercial burning software under windows (feurio is more honest, and let you use a ‘generic’ driver for “unsupported” drives). A marketing trick, alas. :frowning:

Regarding bugs… well, this is another story. Note that I didn’t express any opinion about nero or any other burning program (apart from Decrypter in this post). :wink:

Regards,

ET

I hate that “supported drives” stuff too… I am not an expert, but any MMC-compliant drive should be basically supported, right?
Exactly.

I’ll give you an example where Nero is stupid:

Recent NEC drives have all the same firmware bug with speed selection: There are 2 different ways to request all possible write speeds on the inserted disc. One of them is b0rked on NEC drives when DVD media is inserted.

A program could either have a workaround for this, or it doesn’t. So a program should either show the list of possible speeds correctly on all recent NEC drives or on none of them. A program working correctly on a 2500A will also work properly on a 3500A, unless it is intentionally prohibited (like those Nero versions recognising the 2500A, but not recognising at all the 3500A!), for example in order to force the user to update, and maybe buy a new major version (nero 5->nero 6), once in a while.

DVD Decrypter, on the other hand, usually works with drives launched long after itself. An old 3.5.0.0 version will perfectly work on an LG 4163B. Only drives that have unknown firmware bugs and need new workarounds do not work. As a result, there was one version each few months…

You could try CopyToDVD. Download at www.vso-software.fr