What is the best burner for Verbatim DVD+R DL?

vbimport

I’m interested in the best possible burn quality with Verbatim DVD+R DL made in Singapore. What is the generally best recommended burner, firmware version and burn speed? Atm I’m using a Pioneer DVDR-111 with latest firmware and 1x burn speed (although burning is actually at 2.4x).

Well, I’d suggest Pioneer drives and writing @ 4x would be the best speed IMO.

I find 2.4x may be a little too slow for most modern drives and it can make the quality worse than if you burn @ 4x.

I second cd pirate’s suggestion. I have a Pioneer 111D (@111L) and find it does a good job burning Verb DL at 4x.

Or a plextor 716-755 or 760, they do an excelent job burning them @6x.

Would it make a big difference if I upgraded from 111D to 115?

[QUOTE=Vampirtc;2030915]Would it make a big difference if I upgraded from 111D to 115?[/QUOTE]

For just DL burning ? No itis not worth it .

But for high speed burning ad excellent quality then yes

My 111L is an excellent burner but it likes lower speed burning (8X) even with 16X media that burn upto 20X with 20A4P

111 is excellent with 2.4X DL Verbatim media @4X even better than LiteOn 20A4P or the much hyped Samsung 203B
It is also better than 2.4X burning which produces higher errors with the same 111L burner

Yeah, 111 burns Verbatim DL beautifully. :cool:

What about an Optiarc AD-7203? I have never seen such good Verbatim MKM001 burns before. In most scans I can’t even determine where the layer changes.

[QUOTE=Vampirtc;2030652]I’m interested in the best possible burn quality with Verbatim DVD+R DL made in Singapore. What is the generally best recommended burner, firmware version and burn speed? Atm I’m using a Pioneer DVDR-111 with latest firmware [B]and 1x burn speed (although burning is actually at 2.4x)[/B].[/QUOTE]

LAME! Your burning app must suck badly, 1x is no suitable speed for ANY DVD+ media. :flower:

Just use you 111, it burns MIS MKM001/3 fine.

[QUOTE=Xterminator;2044663]What about an Optiarc AD-7203? I have never seen such good Verbatim MKM001 burns before. In most scans I can’t even determine where the layer changes.[/QUOTE]

7203 is a winner too.

can anyone suggest a laptop internal version for the same media?