What is the best blank blu-ray media to use, and what is not good; Verbatim, sony, Tdk, memorex, panasonic, ridata, optical quatum

please help, Im not trying to be cheap, but i want to know which blank media is any good, i have used verbatim, and sony so far and no problems. what about the others, are they easily read by ps3, stand alone blu-ray player and computers. Which burn the fastest, more durable.

I found out LG and Samsung Blu-ray players dont plat BD-R, or BD-RE disks, can somebody confirm this for me. I tried my Verbatim 25gb 4x BD-R in a LG player and it didnt even read the disk, does anybody have any success?

I don’t think there’s a “best” blu-ray media but for me if it works in my player (PS3) and burner and can overspeed, then its good enough.

For me, I like “Made in Japan” media such as Verbatim 2x and 4x, Sony, TDK and Panasonic.

I used a Ridata 2x 25gb bd-r and tried to play it in my ps3 , the video was good , but the audio was choppy. I played the same disk it in my computer , via power dvd 7.3 and it played video and audio perfect. My next goal is to take the same iso image and burn it to a sony 2x bd-re that i have to test ridata’s playback compatibility. I will let you guys know my results in a few hours.
Can someone else leave some disk feedback, I’m not rich, so I can’t test every disk myself. Also Ridata only burned at 2x speed not allowing overspeed burning like my verbatim disks allow.

Ridata 2x 25GB BD-R does well for me. If the audio is bad but video is good, probably something went wrong during the process and not the media fault. If you’re using beta softwares/tools it is always safe to try it first on BD-RE before burning it permanently to write once media.

Your right it must be the software because i tried ts muxer to make a movie only copy. i burn the same image on my sony bd-re and got the same results…(tried to play it in my ps3 , the video was good , but the audio was choppy. I played the same disk it in my computer , via power dvd 7.3 and it played video and audio perfect.) ridata must be a good brand disc i knew i should have used a bd-re for my first burn. I usually always use bd-re for my first burn to test, but i got to comfortable.