What is technical different between hihg speed cd-rw and non high speed

Hello.I have a problem. I don’t know what is technical difference between low speed (1x-4x) and high speed (4x-10x or 4x-12x) writers.And for example i have cd-rw disk and it can be burned into 4x speed and i can’t burn it with high speed drives (4x-12x rewritable).Can anyone help me? Sorry for my english:confused:

If you have 4x-10x speed cdrw , u simply cant write it with more than 10x because it is not certified to burn with more than 10x .

Also about cdrw you can use it only few times then silver
plate cannot be burn. Everytime when you burn your cdrw size
become less than original size.

Why i can’t write with a cd-rw drive witch is compatible 1x-4x in CD-RW disk witch is compatible with 4x-10x? Why older buner can’t write to this disc?

Originally posted by boxmaster
Why i can’t write with a cd-rw drive witch is compatible 1x-4x in CD-RW disk witch is compatible with 4x-10x?

Arwuh ? :confused:

//guess mode on//

cd-recorder can write cd-rw’s from 1 - 4 speed
cd-rw disc is compatible with 4 - 10 speed

//guess mode off//

Depends. The media compatibility list in your writer could not recognize your cd-rw. Perhaps new firmware ?

Originally posted by gerekmez
Also about cdrw you can use it only few times then silver
plate cannot be burn. Everytime when you burn your cdrw size
become less than original size.

I seriously doubt that . only if you format a cdrw , it gets back its original certified data size unless you are trying to create a muiltsession cds .

hope u understand the difference between blank cd and muiltsession cds .

My point is: you cannot burn your cdrw forever! Everytime when you save something on cdrw you need to burn your silver plate and that isnt like to save something on harddisk plate. I used cdrw before and burn it many times but now I cannot rewrite anything on it.

What do you mean by “I can’t write?” Does anything happen? Maybe use different media?

My point is: you cannot burn your cdrw forever!
No, if followed all the necessary precautions, CD-RW has a lifetime of appoximately 30 years.
CD-RW from Fujifilm ( FUJI CDRW MEDIA 5PK 4X 650MB 74MIN - those I have here ) incorporates a rare earth metal alloy - Ag-In-Sb-Te - featuring a unique phase-change property that allows data to be written to disc again and again. Thanks to improved sensitivity in recording and erasure, rewritability is enhanced, allowing up to one thousand write/rewrite cycles.

Fujifilm CD-RW, with its unique, high-sensitivity phase-change recording layer, boasts a wide power margin to assure broad drive read compatibility, including multi-read CD-ROM, DVD-ROM, DVD-R and DVD-RAM drives. Fujifilm CD-RW discs have superior longevity, offering over a million read passes without data degradation. And for archiving they are one of the most reliable formats available.

You don’t understand me. Why egzists two types of cd-rw drives?Hi speed (4x-10x) and low speed (1x-4x old drives).Why?

We tech people call that innovation.

Coud you please click on the reply button inside the original thread , instead of making a new thread every time ?

TIA

I guess he means why do older burners that are compatible to write rw media x4 max can not write high speed media certified for x10 max.

I suppose the incompatability lies in firmware to protect you from an innevitably very bad quality burn with high speed media. Older burners lack the write strategy to write on these media.

well gerekmez BoSkin here proved you wrong . but of course , there is every chance of getting a cdrw which is not of good quality and u may not expect it to work forever .

@BoSkin , thanks for the info . i have a few Imation ultra speed cdrw . i want to know if they are good .

Thank you, sorry for my english and my behaviuor in this forum , i am learning. Thank you

Originally posted by arun_34

i have a few Imation ultra speed cdrw . i want to know if they are good .
It is rather hard to say, since I’ve no experience with them.
But… as far as I’m able to recall it, rdgrimes wasn’t really happy about them.
It would be interesting to find out if I could remember it right.

Originally posted by Mr. Belvedere
Coud you please click on the reply button inside the original thread , instead of making a new thread every time ?

Merged all threads (may look strange here though)

Originally posted by BoSkin

as far as I’m able to recall it, rdgrimes wasn’t really happy about them.

:eek: :sad: :frowning:

Originally posted by arun_34
well gerekmez BoSkin here proved you wrong . but of course , there is every chance of getting a cdrw which is not of good quality and u may not expect it to work forever .

Not exactly arun_34, I still cannot use my POS Mr.Platinum cd-rw disk. I buyed it 4 years ago and seems cd-rw already completed a lifetime of approximately 30 years.

I buyed it 4 years ago and seems cd-rw already completed a lifetime of approximately 30 years.
Please buy a more decent media next time. The Fuji, Verbatim (MCC), Plasmon CD-RW are among the best.

Originally posted by BoSkin
Please buy a more decent media next time. The Fuji, Verbatim (MCC), Plasmon CD-RW are among the best.

Now I prefer cd-r media, I have a lot of Princo. I think cdrw isnt much necessary, cd-r is pretty much cheaper than cd-rw.