What is kVCD

vbimport

What is kVCD? I watched a movie that was DVDRIP kVCD. It was a VLC bin and I converted to avi. It played on the standard blu ray player from both DVD and USB but there was no fast forward or rewind. The picture was not great and there was ablack square around it which I could make smaller but could not get rid of

I looked at the various formats such as SVCD but do not see kVCD

Ok see it now http://www.kvcd.net/portal/index.php

And what is DVDRIP Rdgrnnr ?

What does the Rdgrnnr mean?

It is the user name of the pirate that posted the illegal rip. This type of stuff is not legal.

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2604037]It is the user name of the pirate that posted the illegal rip. This type of stuff is not legal.[/QUOTE]http://www.kvcd.net/portal/index.php it is a type of file

And what is DVDRIP Rdgrnnr ?It is the user name of the pirate that posted the illegal rip. This type of stuff is not legal.

Without going into all aspects . It is a file with copyrighted material that you don’t own & neither does the person that made it available for download. Even if that person does own a legal copy they don’t have a right to distribute the copyrighted material even for free.
The next aspect of this is it is a good way to download a virus.

If I’m incorrect & the file doesn’t contain copyrighted material let me know. I’m not even going to click the link.

Just do a simple Google search:
Rdgrnnr has released thousands of movies of which i’m pretty sure he does not own the copyrights.

[QUOTE=cholla;2604047]Without going into all aspects . It is a file with copyrighted material that you don’t own & neither does the person that made it available for download. Even if that person does own a legal copy they don’t have a right to distribute the copyrighted material even for free.
The next aspect of this is it is a good way to download a virus.

If I’m incorrect & the file doesn’t contain copyrighted material let me know. I’m not even going to click the link.[/QUOTE][B][B]this is what the KVCD link says[/B]

[/B]

[B]KVCD is a modification to the standard MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 GOP structure and Quantization Matrix. It enables you to create over 120 minutes of near DVD quality video, depending on your material, on a single 80 minute CD-R/CD-RW. We have published these specifications as KVCDx3, our official resolution, which produce 528x480 (NTSC) and 528x576 (PAL) MPEG-1 variable bit rate video, from 64Kbps to 3,000Kbps. Using a resolution of 352x240 (NTSC) or 352x288 (PAL), it’s possible to encode video up to ~360 minutes of near VCD quality on a single 80 minute CD-R. The mpeg files created will play back in most modern standalone DVD players. You must burn the KVCD MPEG files as non-standard VCD or non-standard SVCD (depends on your player) with Nero or VCDEasy. [/B]

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2604045]And what is DVDRIP Rdgrnnr ?It is the user name of the pirate that posted the illegal rip. This type of stuff is not legal.[/QUOTE]ok

Sorry david I think everyone got caught up in the downloaded file . Which we are sure is illegal.
I’ve never used VCD or SVCD as I started with DVD for video. So I haven’t looked into it. I guess I should .
So I don’t know about the results that might be achived.
The KVCD appears to just be a variation of the above two.
If the method is able to use the h264 encoder & it plays on a standalone it might be OK.
I hope some member that has used the KVCD method will post if they got good results.

[QUOTE=cholla;2604171]Sorry david I think everyone got caught up in the downloaded file . Which we are sure is illegal.
I’ve never used VCD or SVCD as I started with DVD for video. So I haven’t looked into it. I guess I should .
So I don’t know about the results that might be achived.
The KVCD appears to just be a variation of the above two.
If the method is able to use the h264 encoder & it plays on a standalone it might be OK.
I hope some member that has used the KVCD method will post if they got good results.[/QUOTE]OK no problem

David you might take a look at this:
http://kvcd.net/guides/kguide/kvcdguide.htm

TMPGEnc seems to be necessary for creating a KVCD & it is shareware after a short trial.

ImgBurn might be able to burn the .bin file strait to a DVD . I’m not going to download one to test with. Since you already have one you might give it a try.