What is HS-RW media?

Hi.

I have one question.

What is HS-RW media
I have got an older Yamaha CRW2100E CD-Writer which supports both CD-RW & HS-RW.

I also have an even older HP 9110 32x/8x/4x CD-R/RW burner but this one only supports the CD-RW, not the HS-RW.

I tried to search the internet with Altavista but didn´t find any relevant information.

1 Like

CD-RW’s come in 3 types.

1x, 2x & 4x is the older type and the most common.

4x-10x is High Speed.

10x-24x is Ultra Speed.

And very old CD-RW are 1x-2x only

Originally posted by Spazmogen
[B]CD-RW’s come in 3 types.

1x, 2x & 4x is the older type and the most common.

4x-10x is High Speed.

10x-24x is Ultra Speed. [/B]

and I cant find any of them “10x-24x is Ultra Speed.”
:frowning:

Originally posted by mitchel
[B]

and I cant find any of them “10x-24x is Ultra Speed.”
:frowning: [/B]

I linked that picture from CMC’s webpage @ http://cmc.taiwanet.com/

Note both the 24x speed and the 700mb capacity.

They’re coming soon.

Who wants CMC discs :confused:

@Spazmogen

I thought HS-RW media ranges from 4x - 12x and all media above 12x were US-RW.

Am I wrong?

Highspeed media can be 4x-10x or 4x-12x. Some writers can even do 16x on these media, but there is no 16x certified HS media.

Thanks for the info alexnoe. :wink:

Verbatim 24X should be available soon too. I’d wait for those.

Originally posted by Spazmogen
[B]

I linked that picture from CMC’s webpage @ http://cmc.taiwanet.com/

Note both the 24x speed and the 700mb capacity.

They’re coming soon. [/B]