What is hotfix and how do i correct?

ran a regit scan and got a microsoft message of some hotfix stuff from 2007 up to present what do i do to corect and please give it to me in dummy terms not to computer savay

[QUOTE=spboyd1;2415834]ran a regit scan and got a microsoft message of some hotfix stuff from 2007 up to present what do i do to corect and please give it to me in dummy terms not to computer savay[/QUOTE]

First off what O/S are you using? If XP what service pack do you have installed? A little computer savvy goes along way to helping those needing help. What program generated that M$ message??

i am running xp service pack 3 and i believe it was a microsoft installer i tried to do a netframe work from 3. to 4. thinking it was a new and better frame work and it seemd to have gotten stuck in the middle of the install my screen keeps blinking the windows installer and in the window it says preparing to install

Click start and then click on Microsoft update and let it scan your computer for the updates you need and then just download them and install, If you are behind on the updates it might take some time to download all them

thanks will check it out

[QUOTE=spboyd1;2416274]i am running xp service pack 3 and i believe it was a microsoft installer i tried to do a netframe work from 3. to 4. thinking it was a new and better frame work and it seemd to have gotten stuck in the middle of the install my screen keeps blinking the windows installer and in the window it says preparing to install[/QUOTE]

Is net framework 4 a beta version? If so I would advise against using that til it is a release. Also get belarc advisor it will tell you also what you need to install as well.