What is globalization?

Here is what I think globalization is:

Question : What is the truest definition of Globalization?

Answer : Princess Diana’s

car crash…

Question : How come?

Answer :

An English princess with

An Egyptian boyfriend

crashes in a French

tunnel, driving a

German car

with a Dutch engine,

driven by a Belgian

who was drunk

on Scottish whisky,

(check the bottle before you change the spelling),

followed closely by

Italian Paparazzi,

on Japanese motorcycles;

treated by an American doctor, using

Brazilian medicines.

This is sent to you
originally
by

a Canadian ,

using Bill Gates technology,
(wherever he’s from)

and you’re probably reading this on your computer,

that uses Taiwanese

chips, and a

Korean monitor,

assembled by

Bangladeshi workers

in a Singapore plant,

transported by Indian

lorry-drivers,

hijacked by Indonesians ,

unloaded by Sicilian longshoremen,

and trucked to you by Mexican illegals…

That, my friends, is
Globalization!

Hehe that it is. But my korean monitor was made in Slovakia…

When they make my German beer in China… :eek:

Or Italian pizza in Germany (ditto with pasta sauce) :eek:

Globalisation: Supposed to be global connectivity, integration and interdependence in the economic, social, technological, cultural, political, and ecological spheres.
What is really is: Moving Design & production of all products to the cheapest country & selling it in the most profitable country …
The consequences are increased unemployment in the civilised (previously wealthy) countries, abuse of human rights in the cheap countries, poor quality products, in both design, manufacture & longevity, increased pollution, increased profits for the company involved & is overall detrimental to everyone & everything except the company involved.

Similar to marriage then. :doh:

debro gets my point exactly.

I agree but the only point missed is the senior exec’s who make the decision to do this are the one’s who get the big pay deals and bonuses and hide behind the lie that they did it for the share holders when in fact it is their greed driving it.
It’s called success at any price and these idiots are storing up another 30’s style depression. The bubble will have to burst sometime.

Not even his latest article, but this guy certainly thinks it´ll happen soon

It’s happening in all areas.

In my industry, the Chinese government just stopped paying the 13% export refund that they had been giving to all of the Chinese manufacturers.
It’s no wonder that companies trying to manufacture in countries without this kind of massive subsidy to profit, who are also hit by environmental legislation, employee support and assistance programs, company pensions etc, have no chance to compete.

However, the fact that the Chinese government are reversing subsidies shows that they are trying to slow down the growth rate, while at the same time appeasing the US and European politicians who want to get rid of dumping.

(Either that, or they figure they have the market stitched up already because all the Western manufacturers have gone out of business from the low prices for the last 10 years :rolleyes: )

:iagree:
Hahahhaa!

Western designer/manufacturers are also adpating. Instead of simply bashing together generic products all will nilly from the cheapest available sources, they are intelligently designing products to minimise labour components :wink:

Of course, the custom components cost a tad more, but are a better product overall :wink:

I was just reading an interesting article examining the amount of land required to sustain any single particular individual. Overall, society as we know it today requires 2.2 Acres (0.88 Hectares) per capita - which is of course higher than the 1.8 acres per capita that is actually available.
Japan is greatly reliant on land borrowed from other countries … but it takes into consideration the entire land (above water) available to the human race. We’re living on borrowed land, and the population is still rising.
City people tend to use significantly more land than country people, and western countries (of course) tend to use alot more than an african peasant.

Sometime (soon) the bubble is gonna burst.

Globalization the CD Freaks way:

Purchasing a Taiwainese DVD Recorder in The Netherlands, make it region free using a code found on a US website, flash it with German firmware for enhanced media compatibility and reflash it with Spanish firmware to enhance divx compatibility.