What is EasyWriteReader 1.0

I’ve bought an older copy of Nero. 5.9 I think. It is a webinstaller. Not sure what that is. Anyway, there is a file that I’m uncertain of. It’s called EasyWriteReader 1.0. What does it do? (Be kind. I’m new to this)

Hi Kpaxthwogswallow, welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

The EasyWriteReader is intended for installation on computers that have to read discs created in UDF packet-writing format by Nero InCD, without having to install the full Nero InCD package on those computers.

If you don’t use InCD, and most peple would recommend you don’t, then you won’t need EasyWriteReader.

Looks like it was probably an early version of InCD or coupled with InCD which is Nero’s packet writing software…It is usually recommended to omit InCD on installation can create conflicts. TBH I don’t know why you would want to use such an old antiquated version of Nero in the first place. Hope you didn’t pay too much for it.

Thank you. I have tried InCD and it made a lot of coasters so I’ve forgotten about it. When Microsoft did an auto update a while back (I think it was with SP2) it removed my ability to write a CD using their resident operating system software. I contacted Microsoft because I read on their knowledge base that there was an unpublished/unpublicized hotfix. They supplied the hot fix but it did nothing to remedy the situation. So (1) I can’t burn cds directly using their resident and (2) InCd seems to regularly make coasters or at least unreadable disks which ultimately have to be reformatted using “conventional” burning software. Again: thank you for your help.

Looks like my google skills could use a little speed boost :slight_smile:

I have access to the new 7.x as corporate trialware. As is usually the case with newer software it suffers tremendous with code bloat. 7.x never did work well on my system (it’s a 2.2Ghz Celeron with a GIG of RAM and 20% of a 100GIG HDD used up). It bogged the system and made some coasters. So I’ve reverted. Vista is a case in poiint vis-a-vis code bloat. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. The antiquated version of Nero works absolutely fine!