What is - dvdid?

vbimport

How come when using DVDfab 5 for my rips, I am getting a little icon in the folder that says dvdid? What is this and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;2060880]How come when using DVDfab 5 for my rips, I am getting a little icon in the folder that says dvdid? What is this and how do I get rid of it?

Thanks[/QUOTE]
As per Fengtao’s release notes for v. 5.0.2.0:

[B]New: Created “dvdid.xml” file when copying DVD, so that Windows Media Center can retrieve cover art and movie info from internet automatically.[/B]

Is it ok to delete the dvdid or a way to turn it off? I do not see how there is any advantage to using it and do not want it to effect my burns.

<>

Yes it is OK to delete it. There is no option to turn it off that I can find.

So it can simply be deleted with no effect to the rip?

What is the purpose of this dvdid?

[QUOTE=BoSox2882;2061901]What is the purpose of this dvdid?[/QUOTE]
What maineman said in the first reply:

[QUOTE=maineman;2060945]As per Fengtao’s release notes for v. 5.0.2.0:

[B]New: Created “dvdid.xml” file when copying DVD, so that Windows Media Center can retrieve cover art and movie info from internet automatically.[/B][/QUOTE]

MWB, thanks for that. I understand what it does, what I wanna know is why it is there and how to turn it off.

It is there because it is a feature, I guess. It cannot be turned off.

Nowhere to disable, I checked. Just delete, I do & it hasn’t created any problems.

Well, I guess I will simply delete it. It really shouldn’t effect the burn in anyway as it does not go in the VIDEO_TS file.

Compared to some of the crap the studios (e.g. Sony) put onto DVDs, this is less than nothing. :slight_smile:

Download and install the new 5022 version

Dvdid is turned off by default. You can turn it on in options.

[QUOTE=sneakers;2063191]Download and install the new 5022 version

Dvdid is turned off by default. You can turn it on in options.[/QUOTE]

Is it still available in version 5222? How do I turn it on? I’m using Full Disk option in DVDFab and Windows Vista. Is it only available in Platinum version?

In common settings-DVD to DVD, uncheck Create dvdid xml to not have the file and put a check to have it