What is difference between 112 and 112l?

vbimport

Both of the below Forum postings describe how to crossflash Pioneer DVR-112D to DVR-112L which provides DVD-RAM Burning capabilities.

112L gives you labelflash also

[QUOTE=PumaUK;1750169]112L gives you labelflash also[/QUOTE]

So a DVR-112L includes the DVD-RAM functionality in a DVR-112 ?

What does the DVR-A12 Firmware used for DVR-A12(XLA,XLB,XLC),
DVR-112BXL and DVR-112DXL do?

http://homepage2.nifty.com/yss/a12j/dvra12j_top.htm

Good question, as the A12XL drives sold in Japan have the LabelFlash firmware by default. I’m guessing the 112XL drives have the -RAM support but not LabelFlash, but I’m not sure if there is anything else firmware-wise that would separate them from the regular DVR-111.

[QUOTE=bdg2;1919447]So a DVR-112L includes the DVD-RAM functionality in a DVR-112 ?

What does the DVR-A12 Firmware used for DVR-A12(XLA,XLB,XLC),
DVR-112BXL and DVR-112DXL do?[/QUOTE]

There are DVR-112 drives without the “D” and they have RAM support also and Labelflash too. The 112L will give you all of the above plus DVD-ROM bittsetting on DVD+R media. You can make a DVR-112 or DVR-112D into a DVR-112L, The A12 will only booktype DL +R to DVD-ROM and not +R.

[QUOTE=greengiant2315;1919460]There are DVR-112 drives without the “D” and they have RAM support also and Labelflash too. The 112L will give you all of the above plus DVD-ROM bittsetting on DVD+R media. You can make a DVR-112 or DVR-112D into a DVR-112L, The A12 will only booktype DL +R to DVD-ROM and not +R.[/QUOTE]

NERO Infotool says my DVR-112 doesn’t have Labelflash.

There seem to be two lots of firmware for the DVR-112L on The Firmware Page. One is version 8.06. The other is also for the A12J and the A12 and has the same 1.xx version numbers as the normal firmwares. What’s going on there?

The 8.xx firmware is buffalo firmware, I have a DVR-112 and it has RAM and labelflash. However now its a DVR-112L with firmware 8.21 and has booktype DVD-ROM on DVD+r and DVD+r DL because i cross flashed it with buffalo firmware. DVR-112 or 112D when they have Pioneer firmware on the drive the firmware will be 1.22 which is the latest Pioneer’s original Firmware. PPL cross flash to buffalo firmware to get the booktype DVD-ROM on both DVD+R DL and DVD+R because original Pioneer firmware will only booktype DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM.

Firmware 1.xx = Pioneer
8.xx = Buffalo

Just remember though when you crossflash you will void the warranty

you got that right, But i can put it back to a regular pioneer again also. But Pioneer if they wanted to can tell buffalo was on it at one time. P.S., It’s staying buffalo and 2nd drive staying Pioneer. If the drive took a dump where mine gets sent to is the garbage can.

[QUOTE=bdg2;1919533]NERO Infotool says my DVR-112 doesn’t have Labelflash.

There seem to be two lots of firmware for the DVR-112L on The Firmware Page. One is version 8.06. The other is also for the A12J and the A12 and has the same 1.xx version numbers as the normal firmwares. What’s going on there?[/QUOTE]

Use DVDInfoPro, 112 sure does have LabelFlash and Ram. the 112 is superior to the 112D. 112L is Jap. These drives don’t have LightScribe and if they did i don’t use it. I don’t use Labelflash but its there. Just pulled out my manual for DVR-112 it has Labelflash and Ram. Do a google search for a DVR-X122 thats a DVR-112 external and has everything. Im gonna be burning soon i will post a capture.

[QUOTE=bdg2;1919533]NERO Infotool says my DVR-112 doesn’t have Labelflash.

There seem to be two lots of firmware for the DVR-112L on The Firmware Page. One is version 8.06. The other is also for the A12J and the A12 and has the same 1.xx version numbers as the normal firmwares. What’s going on there?[/QUOTE]

The DVR-112 has labelflash, Here is a DVR-112 that was crossflashed and it still has labelflash because i tried it. But now it’s a DVR-112L. If you look at drive info i crossed flashed a external DVR-112 note usb etc. The Pioneer DVR-X122 is a retail Pioneer 112 in a factory enclosure. It’s not easy to find just a Pioneer DVR-112 internal drive, However you can find DVR-112D’s a dime a dozen. Also the external model you can not crossflash like the internals. You have to use a extra step which took me about a hour to figure out. As some ppl said you can’t flash the drives thru usb. I did but the flash routine is different to get it to buffalo then the internal models. Now when original buffalo FW is released i can just flash to 8.22 when released or i have the option to turn it back to a pure Pioneer 112 external again. I could of made it RPC-1 but did’nt bother, No need for it. For me anyway.

[QUOTE=greengiant2315;1919920]Use DVDInfoPro, 112 sure does have LabelFlash and Ram. the 112 is superior to the 112D. 112L is Jap. These drives don’t have LightScribe and if they did i don’t use it. I don’t use Labelflash but its there. Just pulled out my manual for DVR-112 it has Labelflash and Ram. Do a google search for a DVR-X122 thats a DVR-112 external and has everything. Im gonna be burning soon i will post a capture.[/QUOTE]

Against my better judgement I installed DVDInfoPro (I heard the author bullied the author of another similar program). It says my DVR-112 DOES NOT have labelflash. My DVR-112 is flashed with DVR-112 firmware V1.22 from the Pioneer site patched for RPC1 with MCSE if that’s relivant.

For LF you need 112L firmware. 112 will only allow DVD-/+R and -RAM writing. You can try my package if you want but it will void your waranty…
Btw greengiant2315 crossflashed his 112 or D to 112L with 112L firmware. The L version is the most superior one because it has DVD-RAM and LF. There is also a A12 version which has LF and -RAM and support for pioneers quiet drive software.

[QUOTE=koba;1920388]For LF you need 112L firmware. 112 will only allow DVD-/+R and -RAM writing. You can try my package if you want but it will void your waranty…
Btw greengiant2315 crossflashed his 112 or D to 112L with 112L firmware. The L version is the most superior one because it has DVD-RAM and LF. There is also a A12 version which has LF and -RAM and support for pioneers quiet drive software.[/QUOTE]

Hi koba,

I flashed above like you have seen a 112 external DVR-X122 as it is shown above in the U.S., This model is a pure 112 retail in a Pioneer retail enclosue. However it’s not a 112D as you have read. Also ppl that seen my post they can not use your firmware package to update the Pioneer DVR-X122 external to buffalo. I had to use your package and then hex edit another version of firmware before the Pioneer DVR-X122 external ( DVR-112 ) would upgrade to buffalo 8.21, Your package when used on a external drive the best you can get it to is firmware version 8.06. You can’t even upgrade external to 8.09. After about a hour i seen what the burner wanted and just updated the external to v8.21. So when 8.22 etc comes out it will take the update no problem. However i can go back to Pioneer 112 ( DVR-X122) external FW:122 if i desire to. All it takes is know what your doing with a kernal and flasher. BTW koba Pioneer is up to firmware 1.22., BTW thank you for your software package and im awaiting 8.22 buffalo or better!:iagree:

Reguards, Green:bigsmile:

[QUOTE=bdg2;1920046]Against my better judgement I installed DVDInfoPro (I heard the author bullied the author of another similar program). It says my DVR-112 DOES NOT have labelflash. My DVR-112 is flashed with DVR-112 firmware V1.22 from the Pioneer site patched for RPC1 with MCSE if that’s relivant.[/QUOTE]

Your using Pioneer firmware, If you decide to flash to buffalo then you will get the extras, The “L” model does it all. But again voids your warranty etc and so on. However as you see i took a 112 not a 112D and made it to a “L”. I prefer the “L” because of the booktyping only. The 112 you have will booktype DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM but not +R discs unless you cross flash to buffalo firmware and the same goes to ppl that own the 112D. If you get into it more you can put the drive back to a original Pioneer however Pioneer can still tell there was buffalo firmware on it at one time. Pioneer i must say IMO is one heck of a solid DL burner with great compatibility playback in standalone players. As far as DL media goes i feed it Verb only and the drive don’t care if its MII MIS etc, It overburn speeds are nice. For me it is worth to convert to “L” model aka buffalo firmware.

I second that, it’s well worth it to crossflash :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=greengiant2315;1920568]Your using Pioneer firmware, If you decide to flash to buffalo then you will get the extras, The “L” model does it all. But again voids your warranty etc and so on. However as you see i took a 112 not a 112D and made it to a “L”. I prefer the “L” because of the booktyping only. The 112 you have will booktype DVD+R DL to DVD-ROM but not +R discs unless you cross flash to buffalo firmware and the same goes to ppl that own the 112D. If you get into it more you can put the drive back to a original Pioneer however Pioneer can still tell there was buffalo firmware on it at one time. Pioneer i must say IMO is one heck of a solid DL burner with great compatibility playback in standalone players. As far as DL media goes i feed it Verb only and the drive don’t care if its MII MIS etc, It overburn speeds are nice. For me it is worth to convert to “L” model aka buffalo firmware.[/QUOTE]

Yes please I’m interested in doing this to both my DVR-112 and my DVR-111.
I’d be grateful for any files and information you can provide links to.

I think I found the Buffalo firmware files from the Buffalo site “dvsmxl516fb_fw829.exe” for the DVR-111L and “dvsmxl1218_821.exe” for the DVR-112L. Is that right? Is there anything else I need to know?

Look at post #13 on this page from koba. Click down at the bottom to get the files. Your on your own as i don’t give any support. The meaning of this is if your drive drops dead because something went wrong oh well i guess. But there are instructions with the files, Read. Have fun and good luck. The DVD-112 is ok with his files, The 111 i have no idea as i don’t own any. Don’t use those files you have you will see why when you read the instructions that come with koba’s file package. It’s in RAR format, Good Luck.