What is crashsaver exe

when i am on mortheous ps2,i have lately had my firewall nortons blocking crash saver.exe. being new what is this.a malisious program trying to get through.this has happened alot lately.nortons always blocks it,but sometimes mortheous crashes.colin

Do a search on your computer for that filename and see where it comes up. It might give you a clue as to what it is.

thankyou for your reply,found the program located in morpheous,not sure to deleteit.it crashes mortheous and ends any p2p searches.colin

Update to the most current virus definitions and scan your computer for virus’s.

Then download a copy of Spybot Search & Destroy (Spyware scanner). Update it with latest definitions and run a full scan.

One of the above should get rid of it.
Be aware though that Kazaa and Morpheus use spyware. It’s how the make money, so getting rid of it might keep Morpheus from running.

thankyou for taking the time to reply,the program is in my cprograms directory were mortheous is installed.seems to be part of mortheous.it actually crashes the searches in p2p.but not the traffic.so seems to do with motheous,at least not a trogen or virus.avg,and nortons take care or my firewall and virus scans.colin

It’s probably just part of the spyware installed by Morpheus. They have to make money somehow, and that’s how they do it.

I’m not sure about Morph, but Kazaa offers a spyware free version for purchase. So that’s always an option.

Yep, it’s part of the Morpheus Software, and deleting it causes application instability. I would get another P2P.

one of the spyware removal tools dupes adware into thinking the software is running with fake dlls n things…