What is CD EXTRA?

vbimport

An audio CD is protected by CD EXTRA (checked by clony XXL and profile passed to CLONE CD 4)
The copy is readeable on PC's with mediaplayer ; on simple combo CD readers.
BUT it's impossible to read it on a high class CD reader (Marantz or Sony) ; some tracks are fool : repaat or abort durins readind ans step to the next track ?
Could you give me some help
:o

the high end audio disk do not see the data part . SO it is no problem.
I have myself an expensive Sony player and i have no problems with cd-extra ceedees

Strange,
I tried it again some tracks of the copy randomly jump to the following track.
Could you give me the right parameters for Clone CD 4 for that protection.
Thanks a lot
:confused:

it is not really a protection…just a different kind of cd

first tell me what burner you have and i will look if it supports cd-extra

I did my trials with a PHILIPS burner IDE series 800 PCRW804

If needed ; i also have on another PC an old 4X SCSI PLEXTOR
:cool:

hmm…i do not think your Philips can do it…try the plextor please

use the audio profile in clonecd (and perhaps check first session only)

CD-extra

This is no protection, so you should be able to copy it with all available cd-replication program…

I did not know that there were writers which are not able to write cd-extra… Why is that? Because of the mode2 sectors?

His Philips can only do raw/16…instead of raw/96…perhaps that is the problem

can not think of something else.

If the plextor works (i think it is raw /96 capable) we know

Writing mode 2 sectors has nothing to do with the subchannels… :wink:

then i have no clue…
then it can only be that his readers have problems with reading
cd-extra (you can read this on the link you gave; Upp3rdog)

I’ll attemps more trials ; with NERO or EACD

Always on a RW CD !:stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve no problem of reading the original CD with both Sony & Marantz CD players :confused:

Come back to you after trials.

Thanks ++++ for your help

EAC can only rip audio tracks, so you can’t rip the data part of your CD-extra cd.

AS i only wanted to have the audio tracs on the copy, i did it and succedded with EACD 4
I used to make backups of previous audio CD with clone CD, but if they aren’t protected, is it safer to use simply EACD ?
:bigsmile:

For audio you better use EAC or Feurio…they can ignore the data part

Exact Audio Copy (EAC, not EACD…) copies audio with a secure reading method. It is the only program in the world which reads audio like this! That is why in my opinion it is the best program for ripping audio cd’s!

BTW did you try a lower writing speed or other media? This might help reading your copy in your high-end audio devices.

With CLONE CD4 i also tried 4X instead of 8X with no better results.

The CD’S tested were CRD or CDRW from various brands with the same poor result.

:cool:

Is the disk maybe badly scratched? Otherwise I can’t think of a reason why you get bad copies with CloneCD and not with EAC…

Don’t try it on cd-rw. they are absote unreadable by any normal (older then 1.5 years) cd player (some exeptions)
Are there any other burned cd’s that are readeble on the Marantz.
a fiend of mine posseses a Sphinx cd player ( near high end) wich is’nt capable to read any cd-r
perhaps some cheaper cd player?

hi CROWLEY,

i only use CDRW to make trials because my MARANTZ CD PLAYER reads CDRW

if the copy is ok i make a copy on a CDR

Well i’m confused now,
how did you make the copy? Rip only the audiofiles to wav and then burn or otherwise?
When the Marantz is capable of reading cdrw’s there (i think) could only be a problem with the burn.
When you only rip the audiotracks and then burn those wave’s you ought to have a normal (no cd extra) cd.

btw cd extra is a cd where the data bit is stored in the second session. It is not compilliant with red book standards (where the audiodata will be in the second track and the data in the first)
When you wanted to burn a cd extra with older nero versions you get a warning that it may not be readable on some cdrom drives(older ones who could not look beyond the first session)
Don’t burn it as a mixed mode cd because it isn’t