What is bothering you now?

vbimport

Something always happens unexpectedly. What are bothering you now?

I usually wonder about location of our writers. And their current weather, and if their weather is unusual for the season - hotter, colder, more rain or snow, less.

For non-English speakers, I wonder where they learned their English, and at what age.

In their circle of school-friends, were others learning English, too, or what were other favored languages?

And when people learned to type. Was that a school class they took for a semseter? Was it in the military? Was it at home with an old typewriter or their parents’ computer?

Not so much a “bother” or a “concern”, but a curiosity.

What’s bothering me,darn old age we moved to this area so we could walk,this area is perfect for it.I’m having back problems so it limits my distance.Other than that being retired I don’t worry much.
I’m a two finger typist and have a real hard time keeping up with you pros.At 63 years old I’m still learning English …slow learner eh!

I had a classroom course, never excelled, but while stuck in work-queues with long hours of nothing to do but hurry-up-and-wait, I started typing. And watching movies.

[QUOTE=marloyd;2679266]What’s bothering me,darn old age we moved to this area so we could walk,this area is perfect for it.I’m having back problems so it limits my distance.Other than that being retired I don’t worry much.
I’m a two finger typist and have a real hard time keeping up with you pros.At 63 years old I’m still learning English …slow learner eh![/QUOTE]

^That smiley’s brilliant, I might start a petition to get it added :bigsmile:

Apart from the ongoing problem of an anti-social neighbour, nothing’s bothering me <–see?

Not getting enough time to do things is probably what bothers me the most. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2679262]. And when people learned to type. Was that a school class they took for a semseter? Was it in the military? Was it at home with an old typewriter or their parents’ computer? [/QUOTE]
At one time on regular typewriters I used the two finger method.

As I began to use a computer keyboard I used more fingers & still type that way. Not the touch method taught in typeing classes .
It’s kind of a sight & memory method .

[QUOTE=Arachne;2679330]^That smiley’s brilliant, I might start a petition to get it added <–see?[/QUOTE]
Ditto on the smily

Not winning the lottery

I took a year of typing in high school and still used 4 fingers for years until I took my first programming class. I was surprised at my own muscle memory and was able to start typing like I should have been soon after.

[QUOTE=cholla;2679346]As I began to use a computer keyboard I used more fingers & still type that way. Not the touch method taught in typeing classes .
It’s kind of a sight & memory method .
[/QUOTE]

Same here. I’m quite fast but I use all the wrong fingers. :bigsmile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

My neighbors roosters, They can type faster than me… :eek:

[QUOTE=touchdown_1;2679486]My neighbors roosters, They can type faster than me… :eek:[/QUOTE]

‘Hunt and Peck’? :cool:

cook them

Nuggets

[QUOTE=Josiey;2679256]Something always happens unexpectedly. What are bothering you now?[/QUOTE]
not much. same stuff every civilian bothers with.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2679262]I usually wonder about location of our writers. And their current weather, and if their weather is unusual for the season - hotter, colder, more rain or snow, less.

For non-English speakers, I wonder where they learned their English, and at what age.

In their circle of school-friends, were others learning English, too, or what were other favored languages?

And when people learned to type. Was that a school class they took for a semseter? Was it in the military? Was it at home with an old typewriter or their parents’ computer?

Not so much a “bother” or a “concern”, but a curiosity.[/QUOTE]

You think about so much? :doh:

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2679262]I usually wonder about location of our writers. And their current weather, and if their weather is unusual for the season - hotter, colder, more rain or snow, less.

Not so much a “bother” or a “concern”, but a curiosity.[/QUOTE]
ROTFLMAO … But somehow, behind the cynic (or realist) that I am, I put a negative spin on it :wink:

Also, I drive to work now, so the most thought question is "where did this person in front of me learn to drive? Following up with, “should their teacher be charged with training terrorists?”

[QUOTE=Josiey;2679640]You think about so much? :doh:[/QUOTE]
And conversely - ?

OK, onto a more serious matter, as if human and linguistic migratory commentaries aren’t concern enough…

Case Makers who still put out USB 2 ports on PC cases. WHY BOTHER?!! The expense of a USB 3 over 2 is - how much? Pennies? ONE penny? Three? I doubt seriously that there’s even a 10-cent-per-port price differential. WHY BOTHER, therefore?!!

As a corollary, why are there single USB 3 ports on cases that consume BOTH of the USB 3 connections on the motherboard’s internal unit?!! I HATE THAT. I hate to have cases dictate to ME what I can use or can’t.

“Sorry, we’re Lian Li/Silverstone/etc, and we don’t feel like you deserve TWO USB 3 ports on the face of the case. We WILL give you more slow crappy USB 2’s, though.”

What are bothering you now?

Trying to get my 2 posts so I can see those darned attachments… :bigsmile: