What is better

vbimport

dvd fab or rip4me

1 year ago yesterday RipIt4Me was removed. It was great. Now there’s DVDFab.

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2031228]1 year ago yesterday RipIt4Me was removed. It was great. Now there’s DVDFab.[/QUOTE]

@Morton
Both Fab and Ripit4me are great programs.

@Dialysis
Not sure what you mean about Ripit4me being “removed”.
While it may have been removed from at least one forum that I am aware of, it can be gotten for free at other places on the internet. For example, at the Major Geeks website. Here’s the link:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/download5408.html
So, it is still available.
And while it has not been updated in about a year, it still works for all but a handful of DVD’s. Talk about versatility!
Thus, IMHO, Ripit4me is still “there” also. :slight_smile:

I’m sure RipIt4Me users know what I meant.

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2031605]I’m sure RipIt4Me users know what I meant.[/QUOTE]
Im a Ripit4me user, and Im not sure.
You dont have to be cryptic about Ripit4me on this forum.
Why dont you just spell out what you mean?

The homepage was removed. The site where one could get the most detailed help also had to remove all traces of this program. You know that.

[QUOTE=jamoskeag3;2031701]Im a Ripit4me user, and Im not sure.
You dont have to be cryptic about Ripit4me on this forum.
Why dont you just spell out what you mean?[/QUOTE]

What Dialysis1 means is ripit4me had a choice. Remove the program and stop all communications and updates or pay lots and lots of money. But you can still find it to download on sites where breaking copy right protection is not criminal offence. That is what I understand why it is no longer available and updated. But someone else might know nore on this forum and can tell you when they read this thread.

Thank you all, I am using rip4me, so it looks like its ok

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;2031704]The homepage was removed. The site where one could get the most detailed help also had to remove all traces of this program. You know that.[/QUOTE]
Yes. I do know that.
And thank you for your explanation.
The main point of my previous posts was to clarify for other readers that Ripit4me was still available. I was concerned that others might read your “removed” message as implying that it was completely gone.
Sorry for any confusion I may have caused.
Have a good day. :slight_smile:
Jamos

I still use it quite a bit…
Only time I don’t is when backing up a Sony Disc pressed in past year or so.
Sony [Arcos] gives ripit4me grief I guess since updates combating that type of protection ceased yr ago. Still,
it’s just about as usefull now as it was before…

@rago88,
Could not agree more!

[QUOTE=rago88;2032085]I still use it quite a bit…
Sony [Arcos] gives ripit4me grief I guess since updates combating that type of protection ceased yr ago. Still,
it’s just about as usefull now as it was before…[/QUOTE]

Usually then that mean you will have to go dvdfab HD free version only doing dvd9 copies or dvdfab plat that does dvd5 and dvd9 or Anydvd that rips and decrypt but a plus is it does also BD+ now…so there are benefits to paid version of the full programs.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2032148]Usually then that mean you will have to go dvdfab HD free version only doing dvd9 copies or dvdfab plat that does dvd5 and dvd9 or Anydvd that rips and decrypt but a plus is it does also BD+ now…so there are benefits to paid version of the full programs.[/QUOTE]
I dont believe this is correct. You can in fact use all FREE programs to put on a dvd5.

• Use Either Ripit4me or DvdFabhd to decrypt to HD
  • Use DvdShrink to compress so fits on Dvd5 disc
  • Use Imgburn to burn from HD to dvd5 disc

But like I always say, do what works for you. Personnaly, I like FREE.

[QUOTE=rago88;2032085]I still use it quite a bit…
it’s just about as usefull now as it was before…[/QUOTE]

I use it all the time as there aren’t any Region 2 discs yet that it can’t cope with but DVDFab HD Decrypter is always on hand if they’re introduced.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=jamoskeag3;2032204]I dont believe this is correct. You can in fact use all FREE programs to put on a dvd5.

But like I always say, do what works for you. Personnaly, I like FREE.[/QUOTE]

There’s also the free version of DVD Rebuilder for those that prefer better quality so there’s plenty of choice and some of the free software is in my view better than commercial alternatives e.g. ImgBurn.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[I]There’s also the free version of DVD Rebuilder for those that prefer better quality so there’s [/I]

Is that correct?
dvd rebuilder produces better?
are u talking a better compressed burn or better burn regardless if compressed or not.

[QUOTE=rago88;2032384][I]There’s also the free version of DVD Rebuilder for those that prefer better quality so there’s [/I]

Is that correct?
dvd rebuilder produces better?
are u talking a better compressed burn or better burn regardless if compressed or not.[/QUOTE]

Better video quality.

DVD Rebuilder does a full re-encode.

DVD Shrink is only a transcoder.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=jamoskeag3;2032204]I dont believe this is correct. You can in fact use all FREE programs to put on a dvd5.

But like I always say, do what works for you. Personnaly, I like FREE.[/QUOTE]

I am correct on dvdfab hd in that it will only copy to DL media maybe you should read what I wrote rather then putting words into my mouth. I was only referring to using dvdfab hd and stating the limit is only to DL media. And to the OP only was asking about two programs not about other programs.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2032796]I am correct on dvdfab hd in that it will only copy to DL media maybe you should read what I wrote rather then putting words into my mouth. I was only referring to using dvdfab hd and stating the limit is only to DL media. And to the OP only was asking about two programs not about other programs.[/QUOTE]

From subsequent posts it’s quite clear that the OP’s question was intended to be which is the best ripping software.

What you do after the files are ripped is a different matter altogether and I think your post confuses these two issues.

You can use DVDFab HD Decrypter to rip and then convert to DVD5 with the software of your choice and that’s exactly what the majority of its users do.

To say that you can’t produce DVD5 using DVDFab HD Decrypter is a bit misleading in that it was designed to form part of that very process from its inception.

[B]Wombler[/B]

RI4M is no longer updated, so there are titles out there it cannot handle.

I’ve been using DvdFab Hd Decrypter since a year ago when RI4M’s site went down and i knew no more support would be coming. I’ve still got it, and use it occassionally.

Mostly, i just stick with DvdFab.