What is best way to copy episodes, etc

vbimport

OK…total newbie here with DVDFAB software.

So far have figured out how to copy a single total movie without all the frills, etc. NOW…I need help on how to copy some tv type series episodes from a couple different disks to ONE dvd.

First of all I’m a bit confused on ‘which’ format to use…CUSTOMIZE or MERGE??
The description on each look the same to me???

I’ve read both tutorials and it’s GEEK to me.

Could someone please give it to me in plain english…step by step???

thanks,

garyock

just use customize to rip each episode to its own folder [or iso]. then use merge to add which ones you want on each dvd.

there is no better way to explain it then just reading it and learning on your own. sorry :slight_smile:
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/DVDToDVDCustomize
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/GuideFeaturesSummaryForDVDFabPlatinumPlusMergeMode

There is a step-by-step in the Merge mode Guide. There is a link for the Guide on the Merge mode page in the Tutorial. These are basic things you will need to know if you are going to copy many DVDs. Merge mode is what you must use to combine titles from different Sources. Basically, you copy one or both of the Source DVDs to a folder on your hard disc. Put the other DVD in your optical drive if you didn’t copy it. Select the Titles you want from the first Source, then click on the folder icon to open the HDD folder you made earlier as the second source. Select the Titles you want, make other settings, then click Start.

[QUOTE=troy512;2099842]just use customize to rip each episode to its own folder [or iso]. then use merge to add which ones you want on each dvd.

there is no better way to explain it then just reading it and learning on your own. sorry :slight_smile:
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/DVDToDVDCustomize
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/GuideFeaturesSummaryForDVDFabPlatinumPlusMergeMode[/QUOTE]

1. So you’re saying to use BOTH Customize AND Merge…never expected that?
  2. Your link doesn’t work
  3. I bet your the dad that threw his kid in the deep in of the pool and said
    SWIM or DROWN??

Why should I have to learn ‘the hard way’ when I don’t have to???
Thanks anyway…

1. yes
  2. yes
  3. yes

because you would never have learned to walk if you didnt fall down trying. :bigsmile: J/K

they guy who makes the guides posted also. there is simply no better way to explain it. now if you could try it and need help i any many others would be willing to help. but you need to at least read up on it and try it first.

not trying to be rude. sorry :slight_smile:

Try it, it is easier to do than to read about, I swear.

[QUOTE=troy512;2099916]1. yes
2. yes
3. yes

because you would never have learned to walk if you didnt fall down trying. :bigsmile: J/K

they guy who makes the guides posted also. there is simply no better way to explain it. now if you could try it and need help i any many others would be willing to help. but you need to at least read up on it and try it first.

not trying to be rude. sorry :)[/QUOTE]

BELIEVE ME…I did read up on it OVER AND OVER and the more times I read the tutorials on ‘customize’ and ‘merge’ the MORE confused I was getting.
So…I did try it first before giving up and coming here for help from somebody that has done this and maybe could ‘simplify’ it a bit for me.

Guess not…the consensus say DO IT YOURSELF. Maybe I was mistaken what these type forums where about??? To get HELP when you’ve tried everything else???

I’ve got the point that you need to save episodes you want to HD then put them on disk in the order you want. I’m just finding it tricky on exactly HOW to do it?

I’m also very confused between ‘customize’ and ‘merge’.

I guess with trial and error…I will get it eventually…but…there must be an easier way … so I thought. Silly me.

[QUOTE=garyock;2100090]BELIEVE ME…I did read up on it OVER AND OVER and the more times I read the tutorials on ‘customize’ and ‘merge’ the MORE confused I was getting.
So…I did try it first before giving up and coming here for help from somebody that has done this and maybe could ‘simplify’ it a bit for me.

Guess not…the consensus say DO IT YOURSELF. Maybe I was mistaken what these type forums where about??? To get HELP when you’ve tried everything else???

I’ve got the point that you need to save episodes you want to HD then put them on disk in the order you want. I’m just finding it tricky on exactly HOW to do it?

I’m also very confused between ‘customize’ and ‘merge’.

I guess with trial and error…I will get it eventually…but…there must be an easier way … so I thought. Silly me.[/QUOTE]

Hi garyock
Sorry you having problems there members that can lend a helping hand, signals is very good the mobile features of DVDFab he helped put the Tutorial. and guides together not counting the vast other members we have here

Garyock
To copy TV episodes from more than one Source:

1. Process the episodes you want from Disc #1 to a HDD folder using Customize Mode, and select the Remove Menus option on the second page.
  2. Process the episodes you want from Disc #[I]n[/I] to a different HDD folder as per step 1 above.
    3)Remove DVDs from drive. Open DVDFab. Select Merge mode.
    4)Click on folder icon and open the VIDEO_TS folder produced in step 1.
  3. Select the title(s) you want to include from this Source. Select audio and subpicture streams for each title. Use Preview if necessary to identify which episode is which title. Click Next.
  4. Make sure the titles are in the desired playback order, change if necessary using up/down buttons.
  5. Click on folder icon, opening VIDEO_TS folder for Source [I]n[/I]. Repeat steps 5 & 6 for each Source ([I]n[/I]=1 to 64)
  6. When the final Source has been added, i.e. after step 6 for the last Source, select an output folder or DVD drive, select the proper output size (DVD-5 or DVD-9) and click Start.

I think your opinions on the nature of this forum and the people here would benefit from the perspective that a little more time spent in the forum would afford.

Bless your heart Signals…

This is all I wanted from the start and will try it very soon.

I was having no trouble getting episodes TO the HD…but couldn’t
get the 3 or 4 saved to the disk. Would only copy ONE.
Wasn’t sure I needed to do them ONE at a time…or ALL at once???

I’ll keep experimenting.

Sorry if I sounded a bit frustrated. Just didn’t like the attitude of DO IT YOUSELF and learn from trail and error and waste a few DVDs and a TON of time along the way…when all it would take is few ‘extra’ keystrokes to help me out.

Thanks again

[QUOTE=garyock;2100416]Bless your heart Signals…

I’ll keep experimenting.

Sorry if I sounded a bit frustrated. Just didn’t like the attitude of DO IT YOUSELF and learn from trail and error and waste a few DVDs and a TON of time along the way…when all it would take is few ‘extra’ keystrokes to help me out.

Thanks again[/QUOTE]

I knew Paul would come thru for you :clap::clap:

[quote=garyock;2100416]Bless your heart Signals…

I’ll keep experimenting.

Thanks again[/quote]You’re welcome. You’ll catch more flies with honey.
Clarification:
You only need to use Merge mode if you want to combine episodes from more than one disc (Source) into the same VIDEO_TS folder. The Merged output will have no menus.
In steps 4 and 7, make it read “[B]Click on the Source folder icon[/B]…”

Hello,

This is my first post on this forum… and excuse my bad english !

I’ve got a problem with the merge fonction. I have ripped three parts of two differents DVD on my HD (three different folders) with DVDShrink. I open DVDFab platinum and I choose Merge… I click on the folder icon to load the 1st part. Here a problem : I must click on another mode (write data, full dic, split…) to see the part loaded in merge mode. So after that, I re-click on the folder icon, go to an another folder to take my 2nd part but nothing happen in the merge windows… Just stay the first part and impossible to add more parts.
I hope I’m clear !!! Can you help me ?
Thanks

You do not have to click on another mode. You have 3 parts. Select all 3 parts one at a time. When you click on the [B]Next[/B] button, you should be able to see your 3 parts.

No, it doesn’t work
Here exactly what I’m doing :

• load DVDFAB
  • choose merge
  • In Source, I click the folder icon, go on my HD and take Video-TS
    … and nothing ! I can stay 10 minutes, nothing happen
    If I click next, nothing happen, but if I click an another mode (split or another) and I click again merge, the file is there. So now I want to put a new part, I click on a another folder on my HD, take a new Video-TS and only the previous part is there. If I click next, only the part one is there. So it is impossible to make a compilation !

It’s totally bugged or at the best completly dark to use… And more, I download the trial version on the dvdfab site… launch and… EXPIRED !!!

[quote=messhugoth;2158739]It’s totally bugged or at the best completly dark to use… And more, I download the trial version on the dvdfab site… launch and… EXPIRED !!![/quote]Merge mode works perfectly in v5.1.1.5 (see below). You have a corrupt install or an OS/Antivirus problem.

Thans for your answer
Now I’ve a big problem, I have uninstalled it and when I download the trial version, I cannot use it because it is expired…
For OS/Antivirus problem, I’ve got Vista premium and antivir…
I’ll try on another pc to see what happens.

have you previously installed dvdfab 5? have you previously purchased a registration key for dvdfab 4 or 5?