What is best dvd cd printer

vbimport

what is the best dvd cd printer

[QUOTE=reghamman;2533903]what is the best dvd cd printer[/QUOTE]

Hi and welcome.

I like Epson for printing CD/ DVD’s

Mr.Bill :slight_smile:

If you mean the very best then that’s a difficult question to answer.

Probably something like this but this is professional grade equipment though.

http://www.rimage.co.uk/prismplus1.html

At the other end of the scale, if you’re after something more affordable, then check out the Canon Pixma iP4700 or some of the latest Epson range.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Is there a problem why you can’t use lightscribe or lableflash???

If your in the US, Canon printers do not print on discs. Affordable printers for discs in the US are made by Epson. Some Canons are capable with modifications.

There are of course professional models that can be automated and do a high volume of discs as well.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2533974]Is there a problem why you can’t use lightscribe or lableflash???[/QUOTE]

I wouldn’t see either of these systems as “best” , rather limited really.

[QUOTE=eric93se;2533981]If your in the US, Canon printers do not print on discs. Affordable printers for discs in the US are made by Epson. Some Canons are capable with modifications.
[/QUOTE]

Ah right, I didn’t know that and thanks for that info.

It’s a pity as that Canon is a superb all round printer.

My sister-in-law has one and uses it for DVDs all the time, as well as normal printing of course.

That’s really bizarre though as the only thing you need to do it on the UK models is plastic caddie (supplied with the printer) that holds the discs.

I wonder why they didn’t include that in the US models. :confused:

Weird.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Its due to legal reasons with Epson, I guess they have the patent rights or something.

My canon IP4200 required a good amount of work to get it going with discs.

[QUOTE=weedougie;2533999]I wouldn’t see either of these systems as “best” , rather limited really.[/QUOTE]

Considering the OP doesn’t say what they are doing the statement clarifying the other two methods as limited is limiting one own options in itself and as one MOD has stated Epson if true monopoly on print cd/dvd makes me say forget using print cd/dvd media. I would rather have my choices then have some manufacture decide my choices for me.

Cool, neither of the systems you advocate can be considered “best”, being in monochrome and with limited media. That is a true monopoly!

[QUOTE=weedougie;2534056]Cool, neither of the systems you advocate can be considered “best”, being in monochrome and with limited media. That is a true monopoly![/QUOTE]

So verbatim with lightscribe and labelflash a known good media is monopoly then right? Cause we should all stop using verbatim because they are a monopoly? I think the epson print media is more a monoply then lightscribe or lableflash is. Those at least if not don’t have royalties…Remember I never said best at anytime in my replies…so don’t put word into others replies that they haven’t said or assume something until it is said…or written down…I mentioned other options only…Have you seen lightscribe or labelflashed media that was created they can be artistic in themselves and monochrome shouldn’t stop one from using their ingenuity because other say it’s only monochrome…